Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard a new ducati store is being built near Stoke on Trent Staffordshire England. Planned opening July, They are advertising for staff, now that sounds like a dream for so many fans.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Pidcock BMW / Triumph in Nottigham are also opening a Ducati dealership around August, depending on how the building work progresses.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Mmmmm not just a case of opening a dealership, It's all about getting the right team to run it and giving good customer satisfaction, :rolleyes:

We had a Harley Davidson dealer in Stoke-on-Trent, it was run by Stratstone Group, it only lasted about 18 months, I wasn't at all surprised :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new Stoke Ducati I heard is part of the company that owns Ducati Preston And Ducati Manchester.

If the sales figures for Ducati are as successful as in the press release they will need a few more trained technicians around the country to keep all these new customers happy. Hope Ducati UK are training people up to meet the demand, don't want a tired techi rushing the jobs do we.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I hear what you're saying Steve, Trouble is sometimes they get trained up, then they lose the good ones because they don't pay the right wages for the job, and the sales teams change every other week, for the same reasons,
I tend to use the same dealers year after year, Whether it be for HD, BMW Honda or Ducati,

To be honest I'd rather travel 150 miles knowing it'll be done properly rather than 5 miles down the road to some dealer who's let people you know down on numerous occasions,

·
Registered
831 Posts
Called in DMC Ducati Stoke yesterday met the staff who were very friendly and enthusiastic!
They have a dedicated Scrambler room which I think we could use for a meeting place for ride outs!!
The official launch is Saturday 21 November 10.30am onwards.

I will be working unfortunately!
Check out their Facebook page

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've been moving stock round for a few weeks and will be attending the opening with Russ from our Preston store along with our own scramblers.

Shakey is doing the honours so hopefully we'll have a good turn out and I look forward to meeting some of you guy and gals.

Geoff.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Well I'll be there Geoff, hope to meet you :)

I do hope it's a successful , it could prove to be beneficial having a dealer on our doorstep , I don't mind traveling to a dealers, but just calling in on passing can have it's advantages,

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm very happy to hear there will be a dealer much closer to me. Sad I won't be able to make the grand opening but will definitely be coming in midweek to take a look around.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've registered my Classic with them for servicing, for the warranty, and expect to call in there fairly often, but will avoid the crush next Saturday. Have visited five times already and am impressed by the friendly members of staff. I will be happy if the business proves to be a success.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just got back home after dropping off two more scramblers, for those of you that are coming (and you're all welcome) we've arranged car parking on the Michelin car park, the entrance is on the junction of London Road and Rookery Lane, it's behind the store and a very short walk.

See you Saturday....Geoff ..aka mr shifter.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Picked up two remodelled seats today to take down to Stoke for tomorrow's open day, a brown leather one complete with matching leather covered tank side panels and an all black one which is for my FT so hopefully see you tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Hopefully's the right word Geoff, :eek: we had a load of snow fall last night on Boon Hill, Sooo it could be a car job :rolleyes:

·
Registered
290 Posts
car job it is then, we've ot the use of the michelin car park from 9am till 4pm the entrance is on the junction of London Road and Rookery Lane.

Geoff

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Do I turn left at the lights onto london rd or go past and turn into Rookery lane ? thanks

coming from the north that is,

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sorry Graham that I didn't reply but was on my way down to the store.
It was great to meet up with you guys and there's a big thanks to those that braved the weather.
Oh and guess what, that frame plugs and bar ends arrived at 11.33am so all I can advise is for those of you that are interested in frame plugs have a look on desmoworld.com website as I know Chris has started to post scrambler goodies.

Geoff.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Well! What a great morning we had at the new Stoke Ducati Store opening, Shane Burn did the honours, and what a nice bloke he was, very easy to talk to etc, and he was telling us how much he was looking forward to the new BSB season riding his new Ducati,
Geoff (Mr Shifter) made us most welcome on the scrambler stand, and I got to have a sit on his new bike, with all the extras and mods it must be the most expensive Scrambler in the country, but very tastefully done and by no means over the top, it's a credit to you Geoff, I'm not sure the Carbon side panels suit your bike :rolleyes: but they would sure look nice on mine ;) hand em over mate,
Only took a couple of pictures, but I thought you'd all like this one of Mr Shifter sitting on his pride and joy in the Scrambler department,
I love those mirror/indicators , and the re-profiled seat, and last but not least all those Rizoma parts are just stunning,

Thanks to all the guys at Stoke Ducati who made us feel at home and kept the coffee flowing, :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Oh ! ps, I gave them a Scrambler Forum Sticker to put up in the shop :rolleyes: well an opportunity not to be missed don't you think :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts