Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, I get an engine error and then the motorcycle turns off while I'm riding and the computer doesn't turn on or anything, has this happened to anyone? Or does anyone know what it could be? it's an icon 2016

· Registered
1,187 Posts
Use an OBD reader and try and get a fault code. If you don’t know how to do that take the bike to a dealer on a trailer. If the engine is shutting down while riding there is something seriously wrong and the bike should not be ridden until the issue is sorted out.

· Registered
56 Posts
I had a similar problem on another bike and it turned out the main power relay was loose in its socke. Odds are it will turn out to be something like that. Check the OBD codes as everyone has recommended, give all the fuses and relays a wiggle in their sockets, and see if that helps.

· Registered
54 Posts
I had the same. Was a long time back on a 1st gen multistrada. But these engines are similar and as DesertPilot says, it was a relay. I cleaned the socket and the relay contacts. Used dielectric grease and never had the problem again. I believe it was a fuel sender one. I did all of them. They look like black ice cubes from what a remember. If you’re up for it, I’d pull each out and check them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts