Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, when I picked up my Full Throttle last week I also grabbed an engine guard. I assumed it would be an incredibly easy bolt on job but somehow Ducati managed to make this difficult, haha. It showed up in a box with zero instructions, 3 mounts, and a load of different hardware. In my head I thought this would be a real easy 5 minute job, but after trying to mock it up on the bike I soon realized a few existing engine mounts must be utilized in the installation and I wasn't about to dick with it.

Does anyone have actual instructions or a schematic or anything that doesn't leave me guessing?

I've read around the web that North American and Euro setups are different for installing the guard plate leaving you with extra parts. Thus confusing me even more.

Cheers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are you talking about the OEM belly pan or an aftermarket part like the Evotech?

If you are talking about the OEM belly pan, see this thread - Fitted the Belly Pan Ducati Scrambler Forum

If you are talking about the Evotech engine guard, there are instructions on the Evotech web site.

The "extra parts" between the Euro and US bikes comes from the fact that the US bikes have an evaporative canister, so the engine already has some fittings that are included in the belly pan installation parts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did mine today, its pretty easy once you figure the brackets out, you will see everything just lines up. Make sure you use thread lock on all the permanent bolts. Took me about an hour. Now that I know what to do I am guessing 30 mins tops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts