Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done some performance mods on their 1100 that would like to share their results and opinion?
Curious to see if a tune is available for the bike and the pros and cons of it would be.....or any other performance mod that you guy's have done. I am considering going with a Competition Werkes slip on (just for sound) but concerned it may actually drop the power a bit....
has anyone removed the cat and if so, did you pick up any improvement in performance?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am not sure if this answers your question....

I have the Termi Race Exhaust fitted, which removes the catalytic converter (slightly illegal here in Southern California); however, i read some place that it is supposed to increase HP and Torque approximately 6-8%.

I think if there is an increase in HP/Torque it is likely due to removal of the cat and the new mapping.

Maybe someone with a before/after experience can weigh in here to confirm.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Did what SFAP did but to my sled. Put on a free flow exhaust, which removed the cat, and had my ecu tuned. Idk about 1100 but some newer model sleds have a "tamer" throttle tube installed from factory. Some people go back to the old one which gives a more torquey response.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I never had my 2018 1100 dyno'd, to measure the actual gains. However, I did the following modifications and my bike was noticeably faster and pulled way harder:

• OEM Ducati Racing airbox lid from the termi kit (has mesh inserts versus solid plastic)
  • K&N drop in
  • Rexxer ECU reflash
  • Arrow decat pipe
  • Arrow exhaust pipes
  • Healtech ESE
  • 14t front sprocket

As a bonus, the bike also ran cooler and had reduced weight after getting rid of the cat, servo valve assembly, stock cans, etc. Performance wise, the bike absolutely ripped and it definitely sounded like a "proper Ducati." ;)

Reactions: Spirossam
1 - 4 of 4 Posts