Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Scrambler Sixty2.
When trying to start my bike everything seems like it’s working, you can hear the electric starter working (lights and speedometer also work) but none of the cylinders will fire up. I can push start it but if I pull in the clutch after it’s started it’ll immediately die unless I’m giving it some throttle. Once I’ve ridden the bike for 15-20 minutes I can then turn it off and start it up no problems.

I’ve replaced the spark plugs, checked the battery voltage, and the air filter. Any thoughts on what it might be?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If it were a carbureted bike I would say there in lies your issue. Those are symptoms of a clogged pilot jet and or incorrect idle speed settings. This not being our case, I would be curious to look at the state of the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
932 Posts
If it were a carbureted bike I would say there in lies your issue. Those are symptoms of a clogged pilot jet and or incorrect idle speed settings. This not being our case, I would be curious to look at the state of the fuel injectors.
No 2016 Scramblers have carburettors.
My pick is a faulty battery. Five year old bike is about the time you would start you expect a battery failure. The battery probably has enough charge to start the fuel pumps and electrics but is failing once you put load onto it (starter motor). What battery voltage is showing when the bike is stopped and what is showing when it is running?

·
Registered
7 Posts
No 2016 Scramblers have carburettors.
My pick is a faulty battery. Five year old bike is about the time you would start you expect a battery failure. The battery probably has enough charge to start the fuel pumps and electrics but is failing once you put load onto it (starter motor). What better voltage is showing when the bike is stopped and what is showing when it is running?
I surely didn't say that they did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts