Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my personal experience with my FT after 701 miles and 8 days of ownership.
Break in was challenging. Mostly because you have to vary the throttle and not exceed 6k rpms. That is now over. Just had the first service done this morning, and then the fun has begun. I got her on the interstate and was finally able to open it up. I hit 115mph. A lot of turbulence at speeds exceeding 75mph. I do plan on getting a windscreen. Overall the bike is fun to ride, and inspires confidence. I had a crotch rocket a long time ago and haven't ridden for 13yrs. Back then I was young, a big risk taker, and somewhat foolish. So the scrambler was a good choice for me. I still love speed and like the fact that this bike has some get-up-and-go. Sure the suspension could be better, the seat really does suck, the termi exhaust is not loud enough for me. But I can get on this bike and tool around town or give it some gas and go. Horsepower and torque are good and well balanced. Brakes are awesome. LED lighting is great! Build quality is top notch. This is my first Ducati, and probably not my last. Well for now....just enjoying the ride!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
The scrambler is a great bike for the money. Enjoy it :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Glad you are enjoying it, it's hard not to! Before I put on a Dart screen I was nearly blown off the back at anything past 80, but it's made a huge difference with the wind blast :)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Love my Dart screen, not too big and gets that torso/chest blast of wind off you but allows the ventilation of your full face helmet to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts