Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealer yesterday and noticed that a couple of the scramblers had a relocated evap canister to the right side of the airbox. It looks like Ducati also redesigned the plastic panel to hide the canister. Much nicer than what came on mine. I removed mine since it was hideous, but I wouldn't mind installing the updated canister setup. Has anyone converted their early style canister to this new style?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Did you happen to snap any pictures? I did a search but wasn't able to find the configuration you are referencing. Would be really interested in seeing it. I also removed the ugly canister on my 2015.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I saw the same thing atb the dealer today, completely different design. Glad I don't have one any more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got a 17' Full Throttle after having my insurance company total out my '16 Icon and can confirm! Much prettier and streamlined. But still, I think I want to remove it. :tongue-new:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't remove it as it serves a purpose and does not affect performance. The only reason most people removed them on 15's and 16's was because of the terrible placement. Ducati has done a nice job of hiding it on the 2017 models.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Look what just happened yesterday, it just fell off!

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

And yes, it does make a difference. Not much, but exactly where it needed it. Removing the canister seems to take away the occasional splutter while coming to a stop at an intersection and improves pickup right before you release the clutch when you take off.

My bike did the occasional "COUGH!" (or sometimes flaming out) coming to a near stop at an intersection, and it hasn't done that yet.

Fingers crossed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts