Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
you cut a big piece out of the swing arm. is the swingarm still stable? do you jump with the desert sled?
I would not consider that section a true load bearing surface, I suppose I would be more concerned if I had done something more serious like cut the entire part in half and weld it back together. This was just simple patch panel replacement. I would hope that my welds and patch material are all stronger than the basic cast aluminum that the swing arm is poured from. Which it is, being that my patch material was aircraft grade 6160 aluminum and 4043 filler. When you look at a lot of dirtbike swing arms are they simple 6 or 8 aluminum panels welded together to from a frame. All that being said, time will tell. It's possible a crack could form in the weld but I would not think the entire swingarm would collapse.

Registered
I also converted the front to 脰hlins. The rear shock is also 脰hlins. It rides like a different motorcycle. Not as soft as stock. Nice and tight but still comfortable. It's much better offroad.
I highly recommend everyone to change the shock.
I wasn't satisfied with the oem shock. I've tried many settings but it doesn't work well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I also converted the front to 脰hlins. The rear shock is also 脰hlins. It rides like a different motorcycle. Not as soft as stock. Nice and tight but still comfortable. It's much better offroad.
I highly recommend everyone to change the shock.
I wasn't satisfied with the oem shock. I've tried many settings but it doesn't work well.
Yeah I bet. I tried all the setting in the manual for "off-road" and its very stiff. Do you think you gained any height?

Registered
I am on the Pirelli Scorpion STRat the moment
Is there a 80dirt 20 road tire for DS with no mods that people like? I ride mostly on grassy fields in Kentucky and some road. Have stock tires that I think are 50/50.
I have a set of Motoz Tractinator Adventure tires on my sled. They are 25 road/ 75 off and are holding up well.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts