Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All went well until the bit where I tuck the cable behind the fairing and replace bolt.
I am concerned that the cable will rub on the engine and melt.
Am I being silly? If not has anyone overcome this possible eventuality?
:confused-48:

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The cable won't melt, that engine is not that hot. You can't us the stock standoff clip/bracket anymore?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
When I did this fit the cable, though tucked behind that trim piece, wasn't in that much of a different position as to how the bike came with the little clip?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's good to know.

Did you undo the bolt and place the cable the other side of it?

Also have you covered many miles on your bike since?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That's good to know.

Did you undo the bolt and place the cable the other side of it?

Also have you covered many miles on your bike since?
I removed the wrong bolt first! But yes that's what I did. The bolt at the bottom front corner of the trim piece. I've only ridden a couple of hundred kms since but I'm in Sydney and I've had a some stinking hot days stuck in traffic on bloody King Street and all is well - hope that puts your mind at rest. I may take a pick for you and if someone can bob an image on of the original cable routing you can compare, it's not that different. And as Max says - that's not the part of the engine that gets hot.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Deano and Max. I reckon it will be alright.

Btw I only noticed that I had to undo the bolt right at the end. I initially thought it didn't apply to my FTP as it doesn't have a ''fairing".

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Deano and Max. I reckon it will be alright.

Btw I only noticed that I had to undo the bolt right at the end. I initially thought it didn't apply to my FTP as it doesn't have a ''fairing".

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've had an Evotech guard from new and didn't do anything with the lead. In over 2 years and 17000 kms no problems.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I used the clip as a insulator.

i cut the long peice off, and wrapped the remaining coils around the cable where it touches the engine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts