Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, hoping someone can help me figure out which items I need to get. For reference, I'm HERE on the evotech page.

I just want some overall insurance in case the bike goes down. I see four options for "bobbins" in their page and only one of which mentions "crash protection" in the name.

What goes where? The front and rear ones make sense (at least I think these go in the front and rear forks), but what about the "crash protection" one and then "rear paddock spindle"? Do I need all 4? If not, which ones will provide the best coverage?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I am in the same situation as you, looking at the RG ones.
I think the crash protecter that mounts through the engine and frame will be the first one I buy. Be careful when you push the original mounting bolt out lest the engine drops.
Don't know if EvoTech or RG (or any other make are the best.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
So you're talking about a simple "laid my bike down", because if you're in a serious crash you'll loose at least the footpegs, brake or shift pedal, your seat, bars/levers, unless you have hand guards. And even then I doubt if the Evotech handguards are sturdy enough...

The ones that go through the front and rear axle do make sense btw

my $0.02

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Done a bit of research.

Apparently the frame sliders can encourage your bike to flip in high speed crashes and bend the frame (especially the longer ones).

Am now considering engine casing protection but can't find anything reasonably priced for the rhs.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Maybe just install a decent bash plate, handguards and put high density foam behind the tank panels and be done with it?

btw, how wild are your rides? I see people putting all kinds of crash protection on bikes that never leave the blacktop. I got no idea why one would do that. Drop you bike at moderate speed on the street and in most cases it's a writeoff anyway....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
btw, how wild are your rides?
haha not wild at all. I'm a relatively new rider (4ish years and casually on the weekends) And this is the first new bike that I've bought. I don't intend on getting crazy, but I
m not ignorant to potential stupid mistakes, like forgetting to put the side stand down if im pre-occupied, or I slip on some leaves on a slow turn I wasn't confident with to begin with...things like that. If I'm going full speed and drop the bike, I'm not sure I'd rely on any sliders to save the bike and at that point I'm more concerned with my body. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
Awesome, thanks Doctor T. I hate to do this to you, but still fuzzy on exactly which ones you picked up. There are 4 options. Can you tell me which ones you purchased? I've also linked them below:

DUCATI SCRAMBLER FULL THROTTLE CRASH PROTECTION BOBBINS 2015+
DUCATI SCRAMBLER FULL THROTTLE FRONT FORK SPINDLE BOBBINS 2015+
DUCATI SCRAMBLER FULL THROTTLE REAR PADDOCK SPINDLE BOBBINS 2015+
DUCATI SCRAMBLER FULL THROTTLE REAR SPINDLE BOBBINS 2015+

No prob. The first three. I found the paddock feature useful for using a rear stand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts