Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fitted my tail tidy & new smaller (but legal) number plate today. Well pleased that the tank pad rear that I installed yesterday sets it off and also reduces the effect of having the led number plate light set above the line of the rear guard. PDF installation says 25minutes but I took well over an hour (mind that was hand finishing my number plate as well as drilling it etc).
IMG_0368[1].JPG
IMG_0370[1].JPG
IMG_0372[1].JPG

·
Registered
834 Posts
I never realised they did a tail sticker too. I want one of them. I am still waiting for all my parts and they have about 4 bits of the 10 I ordered. Not worth going to get them yet. I also want a front muddy stripe in vinyl but a thin not gel raised one. Looking good fella.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not a tail sticker Albie, I bought a tank sticker and cut it to length so the cut bit is hidden under the tail light. I also cut the front off the tank sticker & stuck it the opposite way round in front of the petrol (gas) cap. Again the cut is hidden under the plastic tank trim!

·
Registered
84 Posts
mk3nippa
What does the exhaust sound like? do you have any sound clips with db killer in and out,? I'm thinking about getting the termi, having saved some cash on my tail tidy

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This has been said before but none of the videos on youtube etc do any justice to the sound of the Termi and if I did a video it would no doubt be the same.
All I can say is with the DB killer in it sounds beautiful (if a touch loud, enough to have you nervously looking out for police)and because it is loud enough with the killer in I haven't tried it when its out.
Fuel consumption doesn't seem to have suffered much since the remap to a richer mixture going down from around 55mpg (UK) to 53mpg (UK) but that may be because I am blipping the throttle more!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
image.jpg

fitted my tail tidy & new smaller (but legal) number plate today. Well pleased that the tank pad rear that I installed yesterday sets it off and also reduces the effect of having the led number plate light set above the line of the rear guard. PDF installation says 25minutes but I took well over an hour (mind that was hand finishing my number plate as well as drilling it etc). View attachment 534 View attachment 535 View attachment 536
Is that made out of just one tank strip?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cut & formed part of an innertube I had still in the box from my Z1000 days to close the gap where all the water sprays through from fitting tail tidy. Not tested in anger yet but I am hopeful it makes a big difference
11038730_10203815397730361_3176958113667263476_n.jpg
11095362_10203815397650359_8084004036452795638_n.jpg

·
Registered
945 Posts
In motion the water is thrown up by the back wheel and gravity forces pull it towards rear of bike. Cant remember the excellent website that showed this in detail but I doubt the rubber will make much difference. Hopefully I am wrong so good luck

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is mk1, see what happens when out in the wet. I may then angle the number plate out more, if still getting soaked I may have go back to the original or keep good waterproofs with me at all times.

·
Registered
424 Posts
In motion the water is thrown up by the back wheel and gravity forces pull it towards rear of bike. Cant remember the excellent website that showed this in detail but I doubt the rubber will make much difference. Hopefully I am wrong so good luck
Gravity, no. Vacuum pressure, yes.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hang in there mk3, you're moving in the right direction, hopefully. Thanks again for showing us your work.

Sarah

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ordered a tail tidy from Evotech yesterday MK3. That was the easy bit, now trying to find the right inner tube is going to be the problem!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts