Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fitted my tail tidy & new smaller (but legal) number plate today. Well pleased that the tank pad rear that I installed yesterday sets it off and also reduces the effect of having the led number plate light set above the line of the rear guard. PDF installation says 25minutes but I took well over an hour (mind that was hand finishing my number plate as well as drilling it etc).
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Rim
Vehicle

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not a tail sticker Albie, I bought a tank sticker and cut it to length so the cut bit is hidden under the tail light. I also cut the front off the tank sticker & stuck it the opposite way round in front of the petrol (gas) cap. Again the cut is hidden under the plastic tank trim!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This has been said before but none of the videos on youtube etc do any justice to the sound of the Termi and if I did a video it would no doubt be the same.
All I can say is with the DB killer in it sounds beautiful (if a touch loud, enough to have you nervously looking out for police)and because it is loud enough with the killer in I haven't tried it when its out.
Fuel consumption doesn't seem to have suffered much since the remap to a richer mixture going down from around 55mpg (UK) to 53mpg (UK) but that may be because I am blipping the throttle more!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

fitted my tail tidy & new smaller (but legal) number plate today. Well pleased that the tank pad rear that I installed yesterday sets it off and also reduces the effect of having the led number plate light set above the line of the rear guard. PDF installation says 25minutes but I took well over an hour (mind that was hand finishing my number plate as well as drilling it etc). View attachment 534 View attachment 535 View attachment 536
Is that made out of just one tank strip?

·
Registered
969 Posts
In motion the water is thrown up by the back wheel and gravity forces pull it towards rear of bike. Cant remember the excellent website that showed this in detail but I doubt the rubber will make much difference. Hopefully I am wrong so good luck

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is mk1, see what happens when out in the wet. I may then angle the number plate out more, if still getting soaked I may have go back to the original or keep good waterproofs with me at all times.

·
Registered
424 Posts
In motion the water is thrown up by the back wheel and gravity forces pull it towards rear of bike. Cant remember the excellent website that showed this in detail but I doubt the rubber will make much difference. Hopefully I am wrong so good luck
Gravity, no. Vacuum pressure, yes.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.