Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... If anyone finds a stock black exhaust end cap it is probably off my UE. Holders broke on the stainless steel muffler body on my way back from a trip to the dolomite alps. 5100km on the meter... Anybody else experienced that?

WP_20150624_17_39_02_Pro.jpg
WP_20150624_17_39_10_Pro.jpg
WP_20150624_17_39_17_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
941 Posts
Blimey, thats not common thankfully. My mate is in the Dolomites right now and keeps posting pics of the beautiful mountains and lakes... bastid ;)

Hope you had a blast

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Looks like a good excuse to upgrade the pipe to me!

Reactions: supamoto and conan

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Filed a warranty claim at the dealership yesterday, may take up to 2 weeks before a decision and replacement or fix the seller mentioned... :-\

Anyway, they said they sent the pics right into production to have them look into it for further improvements...

I'd suggest everyone gives it a routine check at ie fuel stops before your biker buddy behind you runs over it in a curve...

Keep you posted here...

·
Registered
12 Posts
same here!! it didnt went off completely but its moving and produces a metallic sound like coins inside an empty can every time I hit a hole in the road..hope it can be repaired easily

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello
so...its a new exhaust for me too under warranty of course.
I hope the new one lasts longer!!
If the new one has got the same reference than the first one, I'm afraid you'll experience later the same problem.
When Ducati modifies a part, after some warranty returns, the letter at the end of the reference code is incremented, to tell it's a modified part.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am afraid this could happen again..but from what I have seen, this is an uncommon issue (till now!) in scramblers sold in Europe (I live in Greece)..maybe i had a defective exhaust among thousands of good ones!!... or maybe we can expect hundreds of similar issues in the next months!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just saw a Sixty2 with the same issue here in Hanoi, apparently not so uncommon..

I'm amazed at the low quality/design of the stock exhaust system: quick decoloration of the pipes from beautiful chrome to ugly muddy rusty brown, pipes glowing in the dark, random vibrations/harmonics, matte paint on the heat shield very easy to scratch, washers rusting, small stones finding a way under the heat shield -rattling level max-, and now, that... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had this problem here in Brazil, and it was covered by warranty. I noticed the new cap they put is a little smaller on the sides, to avoid contact with the silver cap it seems.
Mine is a 2016, and the 2018 for sale on the store was with this new black cap, so they fixed this problem on the new bikes.
As the holders were broke, they gave me a new exhaust and the black cap that was lost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This happened to my Sixty2 in CA about 2 months ago... Ducati has agreed to replace under warranty I've had the bike almost the full two years so I just squeaked in under the wire on the warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts