Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Loving my icon but today I did about 200 miles and found three holes in my textile motorcycle trousers! They aren't happening when riding (even tho that's hot at low speeds) but from the places they seem to be when I am off bike! Doh! I know the answer is not to let my trousers touch bike and stand away - I suspect two at least happened whilst I was fuelling up. But has anyone else had the same problem and are there any suggested (other) solutions?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I had a bit of my trousers melt onto the front header once, when I was leaning across the front. I've just got in the habit of not standing on the right.

Hot exhausts be hot.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't have objective numbers or scientific evidence... But I truly believe having my ECU remapped has been a blessing from the scorching heat. I don't feel the burn as much even when riding in slow traffic or at stop lights.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello

I also made a hole in my textile brand new Dainese jacket, when touching with the arm the hot exhaust, near the front cylinder. I was checking if there were no oil on the engine case, as the oil filter had been leaking previously.

The only solution to avoid this is... not to touch the exhaust. Near the cylinders, the temperature may reach very high values and it's perfectly normal.

Wrapping the exhaust is not the solution, it may even be worst as the exchanges between hot metal and ambiant air will be minimized.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Vincelp. I agree about not touching but having accidentally done it 4 times now (same day) I did a lot of research before wrapping. I know it's very divided in opinion but it certainly seems to help.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello

Maybe it will help to fix the "touching trousers problem", but I think it may change the inner temperature of the exhaust which has certainly an effect on the engine behaviour, not necessarily positive if it means a temperature increase.

Not talking also about keeping humidity against a cold metallic exhaust when you've finished a rainy trip...

·
Registered
198 Posts
That's interesting! Can I ask why you had it remapped? And how?
WWW dot REXXER dot COM
Purchase directly from them and be assured of great service and consistent correspondence. I'm not a skilled mechanic or electrician so I had to email them a few times to get clarifications on their instructions. They always responded with 24hours on business days.

Please note: I purchased my Rexxer unit online through MotoWheels.. Yes, I saved a few bucks.. but turns out they sold me an older model that has been discontinued. Fortunately for me Rexxer got it sorted and still was able to help me flash my Scrambler. So avoid MotoWheels (despite them being a forum sponsor) and go directly with Rexxer. I wish I did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts