Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Been itching to hear my icon as I've not ridden it for several weeks due to the winter weather. Decided to run it up for 5 minutes in the garage and couldn't resist to blip the throttle.
I bought a RexXer evo device literally before my last ride so only test rode it once with the new mapping & no O2 sensors.
Not sure if the bike spat out flames before the new mapping or not?

Here's a short video...

·
Registered
255 Posts
So presuming the rexxer is doing its job to run your bike richer ... this would be an expected side effect?
Disclaimer .. I'm not an expert.
My exhaust pops a fair bit in the cold on deceleration... I presume this is similar. May not be so visible as yours.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Rexxer evo owner too and 02 disabled. Neither of my maps that have the 02 disabled spit out flames though I can tell by smell the maps are a lil rich

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since having the second map installed (don't ask about the first map from RexXer), I only rode the bike once so fingers crossed this map is working ok! Had enough problems with re-mapping it.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I wish mine did the same...

I think you are more likely to get flames if you leave the 02 sensors enabled, as the bike will attempt to detonate any unburnt fuel in the exhaust. Unburnt fuel does not go down very well on emissions tests.

·
Registered
792 Posts
He has a non-cat exhaust, so ehhhhh emissions??
So do I, my SC Conic is basically the same as a Termi. Doesn't mean the bike knows that though... the 02 sensor system only exists on the Scrambler to get it through the emissions tests. I believe it's only active in the lower rev range, where the tests mostly take place. I reckon that's the reason I have a surgey, rough spot at about 4k rpm. Even with the Rexxer map.

I had the option of turning off the sensors but I enjoy the pops, cracks and gargles.
I'm jealous, I want flames!

·
Registered
941 Posts
So do I, my SC Conic is basically the same as a Termi. Doesn't mean the bike knows that though... the 02 sensor system only exists on the Scrambler to get it through the emissions tests. I believe it's only active in the lower rev range, where the tests mostly take place. I reckon that's the reason I have a surgey, rough spot at about 4k rpm. Even with the Rexxer map.

I had the option of turning off the sensors but I enjoy the pops, cracks and gargles.
I'm jealous, I want flames!
Unless your Rexxer map is a standard off the shelf map it should be based on what your running so the bike should know your exhaust is straight thru. I have 3 maps and 1 is based on your set up along with BMC air filter and I do not remember any sort of surging with any of the maps. All I get is smooth constant power delivery across the rev range.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Indeed my exhaust is a de-cat exhaust and I've had the o2 sensors disabled within the RexXer map. I'm running a pipercross air filter too.

I think the flames only occurred where my bike has been stood for over a month as after a couple more blips of the throttle it didn't create any more flames.

Edit...forgot to add...
I originally bought the original RexXer unit which for which i was asked what bike i had... two days later i enquired as to whether or not it had been posted, they said no it hadn't been and they asked yet again what bike it was for.
A total of a week went by and I was then told the original RexXer unit wouldn't work with the scrambler, so I obviously I was a little annoyed with the wasted time.
I was offered the evo unit but couldn't afford it at the time so i decided to send my ecu to them.
The first RexXer map I had via having my ecu sent off and flashed, for some reason didn't disable the o2 sensors correctly. I had to spend money on having the bike put on a diagnostic machine at a cost of £20 and £25 on phone calls to Sebastian at RexXer as the engine management light kept coming on.
To remedy the situation I had to purchase the evo unit so that Sebastian could send different maps.
Even though I had a fairly good deal on the evo unit, RexXer wouldn't cover the £45 costs on me having to sort out a problem with their first map and the time I lost out on riding my bike. Disappointed in their lack of acknowledgement and response but hey ho.
The new map seems ok and the bike has no surging at low revs and pulls real smooth now.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Unless your Rexxer map is a standard off the shelf map it should be based on what your running so the bike should know your exhaust is straight thru. I have 3 maps and 1 is based on your set up along with BMC air filter and I do not remember any sort of surging with any of the maps. All I get is smooth constant power delivery across the rev range.
A main dealer loaded my map in for me. I doubt it was a specific one for my exhaust, they said they had 2 or 3 maps they preferred and they stuck with the 2nd one they tried. The first ran a bit too rich, probably because it was a map intended for use with a more open filter. It's certainly a map designed for a decat system. They mentioned it's actually a variation of a map based on the official Termi Mapping. It would be nice to load in a specific map but for the cost of £250 all in, I wasn't expecting them to spend all day on it or offer anything too bespoke.

I only notice the issue when riding at a consistent 4k rpm for longer periods. I'm not that bothered as the bike rides so much better than before and it had the same problem with the 'Evo' standard exhaust to begin with, just much worse.

My bike has been stood still for 3/4 weeks now. The poor thing. Maybe she'll also wake up with a proper roar.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A main dealer loaded my map in for me. I doubt it was a specific one for my exhaust, they said they had 2 or 3 maps they preferred and they stuck with the 2nd one they tried. The first ran a bit too rich, probably because it was a map intended for use with a more open filter. It's certainly a map designed for a decat system. They mentioned it's actually a variation of a map based on the official Termi Mapping. It would be nice to load in a specific map but for the cost of £250 all in, I wasn't expecting them to spend all day on it or offer anything too bespoke.

I only notice the issue when riding at a consistent 4k rpm for longer periods. I'm not that bothered as the bike rides so much better than before and it had the same problem with the 'Evo' standard exhaust to begin with, just much worse.

My bike has been stood still for 3/4 weeks now. The poor thing. Maybe she'll also wake up with a proper roar.
Joooooooosh.... You shouldn't have any issues at any rev range with the RexXer map. I'm no expert but at a constant cruising speed the o2 sensors are used again by the ecu, so sounds like a conflict or the o2 sensors not working properly.
I would of gone for the removal/disabling of the o2 sensors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts