Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first time I stood up on the foot pegs, my right heel came down on the standard muffler on my Icon. Much to my surprise. Hey isn't this supposed to be a "Scrambler" !! Very disconcerting to try and ride like this over the rough stuff with your foot at an angle on the peg. Very poor design. What was Ducati thinking?

·
Registered
564 Posts
I think people are expecting way too much of this bike's off road capabilities.
Primarily it's a road bike.
For a start it's an 800cc V Twin with 75 bhp...too much for serious off roading surely?Definitely too much if Ducati are aiming this bike at new riders!
Also limited suspension travel and ground clearance really don't add up to a capable dirt bike.Scrambler by name not by nature.

And they were thinking you may like to buy the high level pipe from them.
I have and I don't really have intentions of off roading.
Just my two cents worth!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I never felt that the "off road" capabilities were much more then a fire road or a mining road personally but I'm sure someone down the road will offer mods that will make everyone happy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The first time I stood up on the foot pegs, my right heel came down on the standard muffler on my Icon. Much to my surprise. Hey isn't this supposed to be a "Scrambler" !! Very disconcerting to try and ride like this over the rough stuff with your foot at an angle on the peg. Very poor design. What was Ducati thinking?
The original muffler is heavy, sounds lame and gets in the way. If you plan on doing much off road high pipes are definitely the way to go however even the Race Termi is small enough to improve right heal clearance.

·
Registered
965 Posts
The original muffler is heavy, sounds lame and gets in the way. If you plan on doing much off road high pipes are definitely the way to go however even the Race Termi is small enough to improve right heal clearance.
The only side note there is that where I live they have become much more aware of aftermarket exhaust to the point where on my last three bikes I bought they stayed with the stock exhaust. 1000.00 ticket if inspected and or pulled over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts