Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had considered ceramic coating before.
Price would had been 8.000.- to 9.500.-THB and 10 days waiting time.
Exhaust wrap in the shop 3.500.-THB.
Did it my self and paid 1.350.-THB for wrap and clamps and had 3 hours work.
Does not look so bad after all. Hopefully the stopping time at a red traffic light will be not so hot anymore.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Bkk a very warm welcome to the forum, good to have you with us :)

But that wrap IMHO looks horrible , Sorry mate, :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the warm welcome. The wrap grows on you ;-)
And for 40.- USD worth a try anyway. Hope it keeps me a bit cooler at the traffic lights.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Bkk a very warm welcome to the forum, good to have you with us :)

But that wrap IMHO looks horrible , Sorry mate, :(
Come on Elvisto, don't hold back just say what you feel.
I do agree though, a wee tip for the haters (like me but not too sure what Elvisto thinks) is to use a short length of dark colour and take it to just behind the heat shield.
That's the hottest part.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Did you get fibreglass splints all over you? I bought some exhaust wrap on eBay but gave up halfway through it as I was covered in fibre glass and very itchy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do agree though, a wee tip for the haters (like me but not too sure what Elvisto thinks) is to use a short length of dark colour and take it to just behind the heat shield.
That's the hottest part.
Good tip Hui, thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you get fibreglass splints all over you? I bought some exhaust wrap on eBay but gave up halfway through it as I was covered in fibre glass and very itchy!
Hi Feli, had not such problem. Only after I was finished and got washed it was stinging on the forearms. Maybe the high humidity helped to keep the fly low.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Not too bad as I have my forearms etc. covered when using the stuff, BUT, the sun was streaming in through a roof light and I could see lots of particles floating in the air. Really should wear a dust mask.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Not too bad as I have my forearms etc. covered when using the stuff, BUT, the sun was streaming in through a roof light and I could see lots of particles floating in the air. Really should wear a dust mask.
Soak the wrap in water before applying. This will keep the dust down and allow you to stretch the wrap onto the pipe. When it dries, paint it with a high temp silicone spray like "Thermo-Tec High Heat Wrap coating". It will seal the wrap keeping fluids and dirt off it. It is easy to use to touch up as well.

-M

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's the hottest part.
Good point,

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wear gloves,riggers gloves are the go and wet the wrap before you apply it,been through it my self:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had considered ceramic coating before.
Price would had been 8.000.- to 9.500.-THB and 10 days waiting time.
Exhaust wrap in the shop 3.500.-THB.
Did it my self and paid 1.350.-THB for wrap and clamps and had 3 hours work.
Does not look so bad after all. Hopefully the stopping time at a red traffic light will be not so hot anymore.
I know this is an old thread (and hoping you’re still on the forums!), but did the wrap help a lot?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts