Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey friends. first: you're all very much appreciated. i've been reading the forums since not long after making my deposit last october and it's been great to watch the community grow. i'm one of those guys in the states who has been waiting foreverrrrrrrrr - of which there are many so i've never felt the need to pitch in on the complaining. ;) got my vin# yesterday and my urban enduro is on its way to Portland, OR for pickup next week. i'm super exited.

anyway, i went into the dealer yesterday to talk about financing and i got the extended sales pitch on all the accessories and parts i should buy. i understand these guys must make better margins on that stuff than the bikes, but the whole process still felt kinda dirty. i told them i bought the UE specifically so i wouldn't have to add a bunch of stuff - still ended up with a parts quote for $2500 which I will likely pare down a lot if not skip altogether.

so my question is for all the folks who have been riding for a little while: any buyer's remorse for adding new exhausts, seats, bags, bars before riding around stock for a little while and waiting to see what the aftermarket will look like? don't mean to bum anyone out, just trying to learn from my scrambler predecessors. my instinct is to ride off the lot bone stock but the dealer definitely did do a good job of nearly swaying me with discounts and warranties.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Your UE is the most accessorized model Ducati makes. In my opinion there isn't much else you can really add to your bike, bar an new exhaust. Tell them to bend a goat and go on your merry way.

I had a complete different experience with my dealer, they simply said, we'll give you 10% off on accessories, come back whenever you want to get stuff…

·
Registered
72 Posts
As I told the dealer when I picked up my Icon, I intended to ride it around and get a feel for what I thought it needed before I started adding accessories.

When I picked up the bike, I forgot to bring something to carry the iPad and work material that I had with me, so I bought the UE tank bag. I have found it very useful when running errands on the bike.

BTW, the dealer showed me the display and suggested some items, but wasn't pushy. For folks financing their bike, the Ducati (Volkswagen) financing lets you include accessories in the loan, so it makes sense for some people to get that stuff then.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had to ask my dealer to buy the belly pan he had hanging on the wall the day I picked up my Scrambler. I think the culture must be different out there. He didn't sell me anything or try to offer me any sort of warranty. He's the only Ducati dealer in the state and people already lament leaving their bike there to get worked on because the backlog for service and repairs is weeks to months. So I'm sure it just varies. I don't feel like I need 2500 dollars worth of stuff. I hate turning a naked bike into a pack mule though, so I like leaving anything that I don't need off of it. I carry a messenger bag on my back when I have to haul stuff in lieu of there being ugly side bags on full time.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had the high level Termi fitted to my UE and although it was expensive I have no regrets.
It suits the UE perfectly and sounds awesome.
No high pressure sales tactics from my dealer either.I suggest you have the bike standard for a while.
Oh and welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Welcome aboard Tim, :) Just keep it standard for a while, once you're used to it you'll know what to buy next :rolleyes:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome, I saw the Urban Enduro models at the dealer today and they look nice! Just enjoy the ride and the aftermarket parts will just keep coming out so it will give you time to decide what you want to do to your new bike. I just had the high termi installed today, it is great! Enjoy :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
I added the saddlebags to mine, and use them everytime I ride. I keep waterproofs in one side, and when I got to work I put my lunch and computer in the other, well worth the money for me ;-)

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
nuttynick - did you get the Ducati Scrambler bags? I saw them last weekend in Manchester and I have to say I was underwhelmed.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I did, they're made by Givi. They look pants if they don't fit the stiffener plates to give them shape, and mine now look used so even better :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, just ride it for a bit and see what you like/don't like. I've been riding mine for a couple of months and am only just getting around to changing the bars, mirrors, seat bag etc.

It's probably a good idea to see what aftermarket stuff comes out as the Ducati stuff is bloody expensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts