Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time owning a Ducati came from a 2018 Street triple RS back needed something different. Curious does anyone get the odd false neutral on this bike?
I don’t get them constantly but the odd time I will change gears and be like between gears even in 4th and 5th. Is this common place?
I love my scrambler but it is way more mechanical and temperamental than the Triumph. Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts!

·
Registered
102 Posts
This is pretty common but the gearbox get much better as it gets broken in. I don't know your mileage but mine was behaving pretty normal after about 8k-10k mark. Of course, you still need to be deliberet with the lever. It does not like hesitation.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I love my scrambler but it is way more mechanical and temperamental than the Triumph.
I own a Triumph and a Scrambler and we have another Ducati at home as well. The late model Triumph gearboxes are much closer to Japanese ones, easy to snick through the gears with minimum effort. The Scramblers on the other hand are more like traditional European bike gearboxes you need to be very positive and deliberate with your shifting. Different philosophies on gearbox design and different techniques required.
Can't say I have ever had a false neutral on either of the Ducatis I ride regularly but as I said you need a slightly different and more positive gear change action than on a Triumph.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts