Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As regulars will be aware I am always messing around with my bike. At the moment I am wondering should I change the colour. I had a black GS for a long time back in the day and I’m a bit bored with the colour. I was thinking of a “sport” style of paint job on the tank with the main colour being silver including the removable panels, with the border around the panels black, I hope you can imagine that.
Or have you got any good ideas floating around in your head? Maybe Ducati red. I am only wanting to do the tank as I have alloy guards fitted.
image.jpg

This is what it looks like now.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
What about a silver stripe over the tank which would match the colour of the mudguards. Maybe going across the tank left to right instead of top to bottom. You can always take it off if you get bored plus I like yours in black and silver.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Armo that’s the type of suggestion I’m looking for. Something I wouldn’t think of.
Would the stripe have to be left to right? Or could I do it right to left?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Thanks Armo that’s the type of suggestion I’m looking for. Something I wouldn’t think of.
Would the stripe have to be left to right? Or could I do it right to left?
It would look tacky right to left:smileinbox:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Infact it needs to match your tank panels and your mudguards, so maybe have all 3 colour matched (mudguards, panels and stripe)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can't beat yellow. Always in style.....

:)

-Bob

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I turned down a yellow one when I bought, and waited for the black which I now want to change. :ambivalence:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I turned down a yellow one when I bought, and waited for the black which I now want to change. :ambivalence:
I'm just joking around. I have an FTP and the yellow isn't always embraced by all.

-Bob

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just had another idea. I have ordered a tank stripe like the cafe racer one in an alloy colour. Don’t have to remove the tank or pay fortunes to have it sprayed. And I think it will look good on the black tank, if I can get it straight and get rid of the bubbles.
Comments please.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Just had another idea. I have ordered a tank stripe like the cafe racer one in an alloy colour. Don’t have to remove the tank or pay fortunes to have it sprayed. And I think it will look good on the black tank, if I can get it straight and get rid of the bubbles.
Comments please.
Might be nice. Not sure what you mean by "like the cafe racer" as this doesn't have a stripe if I remember well.
Are you looking for this look:
Scrambler_1100_Sport_accessory.jpg

Or this:
HTB1FBE1QFXXXXXKapXXq6xXFXXXt.jpg

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ABC099DB-5805-4E06-9B5A-0FA81A61AE82.png
I wish you wouldn’t do this to me. I work on an iPad and it’s difficult to do things not like a computer. I’ve got one but it means standing up and walking across the room. If you go to eBay and search for motorcycle tank stripes you should see some.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hahaha, oke then. It's clear to me what you are looking for now.
P.S. don't know where you need the computer for I'm doing all this from an old cheap 150 euro Asus Android tablet. Only use phone and tablet nowadays, much easier and quicker.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts