Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just entered the scrambler world with a Full Throttle 2016. As far as I´ve seen this model has a "Fender plate/holder" that is attached to the chain cover and hangs in the back of the tire. Every time I search for: rear fender, mud cover or plate holder, anything but the one I'm looking for appears!
Few questions, How is it called? Is it useful? (I've seen people take it off) If so, where on earth can I find it?
Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There should be a few kicking about in people's sheds as a lot of us have removed them.

Good luck!
[/QUOTE]

HI thx a lot, this helps!
Why do you remove it? Looks or functionality?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rizoma makes a really fancy one if you have the cash :) I read some horror stories on the OEM one snapping off from the bolts, if you search the forums you might find those threads.
Check it out:
Rizoma Plate Holder
Thank you but actually I'm more interested in the combination of mud cover and plate holder.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
There should be a few kicking about in people's sheds as a lot of us have removed them.

Good luck!
I didn't like the look. Simple as that. I was never worried about the weight, or it snapping off, just to my eyes looked a bit ugly. All down to personal preference. I never found out how useful it was/wasn't in the rain – I'm in Sydney and rain's hardly ever a problem for me the amount of miles I ride a year so I can't comment to that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't like the look. Simple as that. I was never worried about the weight, or it snapping off, just to my eyes looked a bit ugly. All down to personal preference.
[/QUOTE]
I get that. Its not that cool, But dont you get mud stripes on your back when wet? or you extended the tail?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Sorry, I amended my above post as you typed. Rain isn't that big an issue here. And the odd times I got caught out with the old scraper on I still got a wet, not sure how much was from the rear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, I amended my above post as you typed. Rain isn't that big an issue here. And the odd times I got caught out with the old scraper on I still got a wet, not sure how much was from the rear.
:D I thought so.. Lol... thanks Dean!

·
Registered
21 Posts
[/QUOTE]
I get that. Its not that cool, But dont you get mud stripes on your back when wet? or you extended the tail?
[/QUOTE]
hi man, i removed it but made a piece out of metal sheet to hold the licence plate below the tail fender, extending a little more the "splash protection" and has worked well, no muddy backs... but also it doesnt rain that much here in Santiago...
take a look, i will try to take more detail picture if you are interested.

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-11 at 09.25.44.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a good idea! Sure if you have more pictures it would be helpful. Thx man!

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's a good idea! Sure if you have more pictures it would be helpful. Thx man!
I took the idea from this video , but instead of using plastic, i used a sheet of metal ( decorative licence plate bought for 2 dolar online ;) )

the guy is a little slow but explains very well... just cut the metal sheet and drill holes that match the under fender ones, installit and then bend it to position... less than 30 min with no big skills needed.

the pictures from underneath are not pretty, but I bend the edges to make it more stiff and dont rattle around. from the side is not noticeable at all. I hope it helps you!

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-12 at 08.31.34.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-03-12 at 08.31.33 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-03-12 at 08.31.33.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-03-12 at 08.31.32.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took the idea from this video , but instead of using plastic, i used a sheet of metal ( decorative licence plate bought for 2 dolar online ;) )

the guy is a little slow but explains very well... just cut the metal sheet and drill holes that match the under fender ones, installit and then bend it to position... less than 30 min with no big skills needed.

the pictures from underneath are not pretty, but I bend the edges to make it more stiff and dont rattle around. from the side is not noticeable at all. I hope it helps you!

View attachment 46867 View attachment 46868 View attachment 46869 View attachment 46870
Its clear enough!! gracias weon!! ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts