Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I always do enjoy Moto Geo videos and Jamie seems really into it. I even picked up a Moto Geo T-shirt from his site awhile back.
But I do believe he is in good with Ducati. His review was fun but he didn't hit on the areas where the scrambler could be improved. But after watching and reading about every review, I think I have a good picture of the scrambler.
The only things that seem to need a bit of refining are the fueling as it is said to be a bit touchy taking off from 1st gear and the tranny takes a bit of force to go through the gears with some false neutrals in there also. Hopefully the tranny will break in within the first 600 miles. Other than that the bike is reported as doing well. Looking forward to owning this bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I get your point about jamie and Ducati. What I liked about the clip is he beat the snot out of the bike and it looked like fun.

Also, I rode my son's 79 Yamaha XS400 today. It has about the same dimensions (70's bike dimensions) as the scrambler but with the about 1/3 the HP and other old technology. Cant wait to ride a modern day version of a 70's bike, hopefully it comes in sooner than later.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Agreed, I want a smaller, fun and easy to ride bike. I currently have a BMW R1200 GS which is rigged out to go where ever I want but it can be a beast to ride. I like the idea of having the Scrambler along with my GS. Loads of fun in a smaller lighter package.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Jamie is definitely in with Ducati but ... He clearly enjoyed it, rode the **** out of it and gave a good idea of the bikes capabilities. It's my favorite Scrambler video to date and it definitely helped me along towards putting my money down. Love Motogeo !

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you watch his You Tube of his Triumph Scrambler test, he is just as enthusiastic. I think he just likes naked, fun bikes as they both are. I'm excited about getting the new Icon but I will definitely miss my Triumph Scrambler once it's sold. It's got tons of character that few bikes possess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts