Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Colorado dealer got their icon demo during the week, and I was able to ride it today. I loved the power and weight of the bike, and it feels rock solid heeled over. Also, the front brake is amazing, not used to the brembo's, silky smooth.
What a great bike for the money. The only negative for me was that the seat tended me to push me further forward that I would've liked, crunched me up a little. I suppose a seat guy could sculpt the foam to sit me a little further back. I'm 5'10" and wanted to sit right on the transition. Are all the seats on all versions the same with that "ledge"?

Cheers to the group!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Glad you liked the bike, it is fab :D

No the seats are not all the same, the Icon has the worst! I've seen and sat on all the seats and for me the Urban Endure has the most comfortable one. You can always have the stock seat adjusted though, way cheaper than buying a new one. I've had mine lowered and a gel insert put in and it makes a world of difference, so I am sure a custom seat person could easily re-sculpt the seat ;)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I do think it's impossible to make a production seat to suit both a 7 stone rider and a 16 stone rider, we're all made differently, some have ! well we won't go there ;)
But like Littleowl (Gill )she had the seat modded to suit her, I'm lucky , the Icon seat suits me without any mods, good for 90 miles then I need to stop for Gas anyway, :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts