Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 2 years I have had FT Fatbars on my Icon, and have found them ok (but not totally pain-free) for rides up to about 90 minutes. Although I prefer the lower and flatter FT bars to the stock Icon bars, I feel my shoulders, forearms and hands would be more comfortable with bars that are slightly narrower, higher and with greater pullback.

After a bit of research I came to Renthal's Street Fatbar (Renthal Street Fatbar Handlebars 1-1/8" - RevZilla) as possibly the best handlebar that met my requirements as well as having adequate control area for the Scrambler's throttle, control blocks, levers and mirrors. Has anybody used these handlebars or any other more upright bar on their Scrambler?

I know I could use risers to achieve greater bar height, but would rather avoid using them unless absolutely necessary. Besides, I really believe the solution is more about finding the most comfortable bar rather than merely raising the height of my current FT bars.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I tried those too. They are lower and narrower but they are bend a lot towards the rider. Gave me a very crammed feeling. Made the bike feel very small. Have a look at Pro Taper trails handlebars.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses. I have no problem with pro-taper, some years ago I used their Evo fatbar in a YZ high bend on my DR 650E - loved them.

My only reason not wanting to use risers is that I would prefer to achieve an acceptable height using bars only. And as all off my riding is on mixed surface formed roads I really have no need to ride standing on my pegs. If I do need to use risers, Rox adjustables would probably be my choice. Can't say I've ever even come close to experiencing head shake on mine, snd don't think fitting risers would have an effect one way the other.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes pro-taper have a great range.
Why do you prefer not to use risers generally? I have fitted them on my FTP as a first step to reduce 'wrist ache' and would welcome your comments. I am a bit concerned about 'headshake' but am giving them a go
What risers are you using?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried those too. They are lower and narrower but they are bend a lot towards the rider. Gave me a very crammed feeling. Made the bike feel very small. Have a look at Pro Taper trails handlebars.
Bearing in mind that any bar will need about 200 mm for the control area, about the only Pro Taper that fits the bill is the Adventure bar, though at 804 mm wide they are about the same as the FT bar - might be worth a try.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts