Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! I’m a new member and owner of a 2022 scrambler tribute pro (first ducati ever!) and boy do I love this bike…
I’ve managed to rack up the first 600 miles pretty quickly (within the 1st 3 weeks) so now I’m looking at my area’s service centers (currently there are 3) to get the first service done.
Now unfortunately despite the fact that I live in a big metro area like the DC/MD/VA, I haven’t been reading good feedback on either of the closest 3 authorized dealers (powersports and district duc). Now obviously the bike is under warranty and from my understanding the first service is nothing major except oil and filter change, a dash reset and a visual inspection but does anyone have any recent experiences with the either of the 3 dealerships? Should I even care that much for this service?

Thank you in advance for your info!

Happy scramblerina :)

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m not an expert but I wouldn’t think it would matter too much. When I had my 600 mile service I know they changed the oil, checked the tightness if the bolts and nuts and maybe checked for any software updates. One thing you might check for is if any of the shops have a master Ducati tech. My shop in the DFW area didn’t but there is one in Dallas and that’s where I’ll go next time (battery shorting out issue).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m not an expert but I wouldn’t think it would matter too much. When I had my 600 mile service I know they changed the oil, checked the tightness if the bolts and nuts and maybe checked for any software updates. One thing you might check for is if any of the shops have a master Ducati tech. My shop in the DFW area didn’t but there is one in Dallas and that’s where I’ll go next time (battery shorting out issue).
Thank you - that’s what I have also collected from any prior forum discussions on this topic. Unfortunately from what I have read, Donnie is no longer an authorized dealer (apparently Ducati asked him to purchase a bunch of stuff and he basically said nah). Since I’m still under warranty, I’d rather not void it. But I think he’s the man to go to for any future out-of-warranty service as he seems to be the most knowledgeable duc tech around.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don’t know how it works in the US but over here manufacturers can not insist on service work being done at registered dealers to preserve the warranty, only that manufacturer parts and fluids are used.

Having said that if you keep in with the authorised dealer then any warranty work or even things out of warranty should be a lot smoother than arguing directly with the manufacturer is something goes wrong?

I’ve had stuff in the past where the bike was out of warranty but due to the good relationship with the dealer they backed me up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you - that’s what I have also collected from any prior forum discussions on this topic. Unfortunately from what I have read, Donnie is no longer an authorized dealer (apparently Ducati asked him to purchase a bunch of stuff and he basically said nah). Since I’m still under warranty, I’d rather not void it. But I think he’s the man to go to for any future out-of-warranty service as he seems to be the most knowledgeable duc tech around.

Thanks for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would go with the one who is the easiest to get to and work with. Sometimes the place where you bought the bike will sneak you in for something easy like this even if they are booked. Try another for the annual service. That way, when it comes to the 7500 mile service, you will have experience with at leadt two of them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would go with the one who is the easiest to get to and work with. Sometimes the place where you bought the bike will sneak you in for something easy like this even if they are booked. Try another for the annual service. That way, when it comes to the 7500 mile service, you will have experience with at leadt two of them
Very good point, thank you for the tip!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts