Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  K1W1 
#1 · (Edited)
I wrote a long winded post this one will be shorter.

I bought a Scrambler 800 and want to know what to put on it like protection wise.

Also I’m a squid who bought a big bike without knowing enough about it or even having my endorsements.

#12 ·
I bought a Scrambler 800 and want to know what to put on it like protection wise.
If you are only going to ride on the road you don’t need anything in the way of bars or guards for protection. There is nothing on the bike that will get damaged in day to day road riding.
If you are concerned about dropping the bike you could look at axle sliders or even engine bars but they really only provide superficial protection against scratches from slow speed drops.
IMO the only really vulnerable item on the bike is the headlight which for some strange reason in the 21st century has a glass lens and is wickedly expensive to replace if it gets cracked or broken from a stone thrown up by another vehicle. We fitted a metal grill in front of ours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.