Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way back from my Full Throttles first service, while stationary at a junction I got rammed from behind! :angry5: All cosmetic damage on the left side and I'm completely un injured.

Is this the first Scrambler to be subject to the insurance process? I'm a bit concerned the replacement parts may take a long time to obtain from Ducati!

Looks like I'm going to need left mirror, bar end, bar grip, clutch lever, LH engine case, gear lever, foot peg and mount, rear foot peg and the large mounting bracket, rear number plate mount and the tank and LH side panel were scratched by my boot as I was 'rotated' backwards off the bike!

I guess the wait begins!

·
Registered
141 Posts
On the way back from my Full Throttles first service, while stationary at a junction I got rammed from behind! :angry5: All cosmetic damage on the left side and I'm completely un injured.

Is this the first Scrambler to be subject to the insurance process? I'm a bit concerned the replacement parts may take a long time to obtain from Ducati!

Looks like I'm going to need left mirror, bar end, bar grip, clutch lever, LH engine case, gear lever, foot peg and mount, rear foot peg and the large mounting bracket, rear number plate mount and the tank and LH side panel were scratched by my boot as I was 'rotated' backwards off the bike!

I guess the wait begins!
I am glad you are ok!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
As long as you're ok that's the main thing. The bike can always be fixed.

Where in the world did this level of incompetent driving take place?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Glad you're not missing any parts, bike is nothing in comparison. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Sarah

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the good wishes. The muppet driving happened near Amesbury, Wiltshire UK, a few miles from Stonehenge for those non UK forum members.
I'm absolutely fine, not a scratch. My major concern is the timescale that it's going to take to get all the bits from Ducati to return the Scrambler to her pre-incident splendour! And the weeks I'm going to miss of riding!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Never great to hear of a bike in an accident but your ok and thats the important thing. It is hard to say how soon your bike will be back to as new condition what with the demand for these bikes but fingers crossed parts can be sought fairly quickly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From the impact the bike slid across the road on its left for about five feet. It's all minor stuff but will be expensive to put back to brand new.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a few tiny scathed on the tank and tank side panel too. It's all minor but the price for all new parts to put it back to pre impact condition won't be cheap. The engine cover alone is listed at $707 plus tax!
And I doubt the rear footrest mount (part of the swing arm mount) will be cheap either!

·
Registered
589 Posts
That looks like a new swingarm to me! Ouch, expensive! Thanks for the pictures, for my bike trip away I might make up some bumpers to replace the rear pegs and protect it :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The swing arm looks ok but the rear footrests attach to a large subframe that the swing arm bolts too and as you can see in the pics, if the peg gets damaged so does the subframe. You're absolutely right though, any grazing to the pegs will probably damage the black subframe and I don't think it's going to be cheap. Some sacrificial bungs might be a good idea. And also highlights the risk of causing damage with any kind of off road/scrambling use! Enjoy your trip!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Glad you are ok, (most important thing), don't worry about the repairs they'll get done and it will be good as new. Sorry you have to go through that I know how it would make me feel.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Replace the gear lever and keep riding it until the new parts arrive. As you said it's all cosmetic, no reason to be off the road.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dirt doesn't abrade & scar like concrete or asphalt. Rocks do. Still, jumping your Scrambler on an MX course & hammering berms is probably not the best use of the bike.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
The swing arm looks ok but the rear footrests attach to a large subframe that the swing arm bolts too and as you can see in the pics, if the peg gets damaged so does the subframe. You're absolutely right though, any grazing to the pegs will probably damage the black subframe and I don't think it's going to be cheap. Some sacrificial bungs might be a good idea. And also highlights the risk of causing damage with any kind of off road/scrambling use! Enjoy your trip!!
Actually, this is not the case. Although it looks like the swingarm axle is attached to the passenger peg bracket, it really doesn't. The bracket is attached with another bolt - the axle bolt sits behind it - independent of it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'd probably take the insurance payout and fix it out of pocket and apply all the extra left over money towards other fun stuff. Cosmetics only matter if you plan to show it at the Concours 'd elegance. You might be able to upgrade your helmet, and other expensive gear for free now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the bike is finally back (2 mths to sort out insurers and await spares!!), almost as good as new. I say almost, as its come back with a few slight but noticeable scratches on the tank! Needless to say, they'll be sorting that out in due course.

Has anyone had any issues with the Matt finish scratching or marking easily?

And has anyone yet found a tail tidy suitable for the FT?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well the bike is finally back (2 mths to sort out insurers and await spares!!), almost as good as new. I say almost, as its come back with a few slight but noticeable scratches on the tank! Needless to say, they'll be sorting that out in due course.

Has anyone had any issues with the Matt finish scratching or marking easily?

And has anyone yet found a tail tidy suitable for the FT?
Glad you're back on the road again.

I fitted the Evotech tail tidy to my FT last night. It's a really nicely made piece of kit and is a doddle to fix to the bike.

Tail Tidy / Fender Eliminator for Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle - Evotech Performance

1 - 20 of 21 Posts