Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I have spent a few hours out and about on the twisties of West Yorkshire (even meeting with swmbo for lunch in a nice country pub).

In short the bike is a hoot and just loves being thrown around corners! It's not as ferocious or as manic as my panigale as you expect, nor is it as comfortable for long periods in the saddle, but it's a lot of fun.

Brakes are ok. Not as pin point sharp as a sports bike but as you're not going anywhere near as fast they are more than adequate in pulling you to a standstill in plenty of time.

I didn't feel much head buffeting till I was getting over the 85mph mark. But again as its a more sedate ride I'd be amazed at anyone having to suffer that over any long periods of time.

The 75 horses are more than enough for very brisk road riding, and the handling is superb. I haven't taken it off road yet but I would think that it'll cope with some unspectacular dirt tracks no problem. I'll probably try that later in the summer.

All in all I am pleased with my purchase. If you fancy one but haven't tried one, I would recommend that you do. :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
My first ride is Wednesday, I'm looking forward to it, it'd be a real disappointment if I don't like it after placing my deposit in February!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure you'll give it a fair crack of the whip, Nick.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I suggest anyone who can test ride do so as not everyone likes the bike....
Well, maybe. I can road test one any time if I choose. But, the only bike I have ever road tested before buying is a 2006 Hayabusa, I bought it new and only kept it four weeks. All other bikes have been kept for no less than two years or more and 'all' are my No.1 favourite.
I now have a rule never to ride a bike before buying, it's worked for me thus far.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My first ride is Wednesday, I'm looking forward to it, it'd be a real disappointment if I don't like it after placing my deposit in February!
I can't believe you've not test ridden one yet Nick. However, if you don't enjoy it I'd be very surprised.
I've been a scooter rider and an off road enduro bike rider. The scrambler was my first ever go on a pure road bike. I got off after an hours test ride with the biggest grin you ever did see. It was an easy sale for the dealer. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I've had a lot of bikes that I've not had a test ride on and loved them all, :) If I remember correctly, ;)

I was lucky enough to ride the test bike Woods had in a couple of days earlier, I'm glad I did ,because when I got back I ordered one, Even though I thought the rear suspension was not up to the job, :eek:

Most of us over the years do modifications whether they be cosmetic , to go faster or to ride better it's all part of motorcycling, I've spent 1000s of pounds getting a bike just how I want it, only to sell it a couple of years later for another bike, and it starts all over again, :(
A guy I know spent around £6,000 on extras when he bought a new Harley Davidson Fat Boy, The paint he had done was 3 grand, I must admit it looked amazing, He didn't have it long, He said it was too nice to get messed up, :confused:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I've had a lot of bikes that I've not had a test ride on and loved them all, :) If I remember correctly, ;)

I was lucky enough to ride the test bike Woods had in a couple of days earlier, I'm glad I did ,because when I got back I ordered one, Even though I thought the rear suspension was not up to the job, :eek:

Most of us over the years do modifications whether they be cosmetic , to go faster or to ride better it's all part of motorcycling, I've spent 1000s of pounds getting a bike just how I want it, only to sell it a couple of years later for another bike, and it starts all over again, :(
A guy I know spent around £6,000 on extras when he bought a new Harley Davidson Fat Boy, The paint he had done was 3 grand, I must admit it looked amazing, He didn't have it long, He said it was too nice to get messed up, :confused:
It seems pointless and expensive but everybody needs/has a hobby and all hobbies cost money even if it's just a membership to the golf course etc.
We're also keeping lots of after market company's in business.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I've been out and about today for the past 4 hours on the Classic.

It's an absolute peach of a bike and takes biking back to basics.

I've spent the past 4 hours on all the twisty, nadgery, rutted and potholed roads of Kirklees and West Yorkshire that I wouldn't take the panigale anywhere near, and the Scrambler makes absolute sense. And is huge, huge fun :D

No it doesn't have all the trickery of the expensive sports bikes out there, but it doesn't need it. And forget all the Ducati claptrap and hype about "the land of joy" bollocks. This bike puts the fun back into day to day biking and all for a very reasonable price.

Those that haven't been convinced by all the hype and/or because of all the hype, forget that and try one. I guarantee you will have a blast, and one that you haven't experienced since you started riding! :)

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I have brought mine into work this morning :)

I only live 2 miles from my office but I took the long way round and it took me an hour ;)

Anyway it's impressed a few lads from the workshop :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts