Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,565 Posts
I suggest anyone who can test ride do so as not everyone likes the bike....
Well, maybe. I can road test one any time if I choose. But, the only bike I have ever road tested before buying is a 2006 Hayabusa, I bought it new and only kept it four weeks. All other bikes have been kept for no less than two years or more and 'all' are my No.1 favourite.
I now have a rule never to ride a bike before buying, it's worked for me thus far.

· Registered
1,565 Posts
I've had a lot of bikes that I've not had a test ride on and loved them all, :) If I remember correctly, ;)

I was lucky enough to ride the test bike Woods had in a couple of days earlier, I'm glad I did ,because when I got back I ordered one, Even though I thought the rear suspension was not up to the job, :eek:

Most of us over the years do modifications whether they be cosmetic , to go faster or to ride better it's all part of motorcycling, I've spent 1000s of pounds getting a bike just how I want it, only to sell it a couple of years later for another bike, and it starts all over again, :(
A guy I know spent around £6,000 on extras when he bought a new Harley Davidson Fat Boy, The paint he had done was 3 grand, I must admit it looked amazing, He didn't have it long, He said it was too nice to get messed up, :confused:
It seems pointless and expensive but everybody needs/has a hobby and all hobbies cost money even if it's just a membership to the golf course etc.
We're also keeping lots of after market company's in business.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.