Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a FT 2015 model. Its a big change from my other bikes (Sports Jap and R1200gs) but i really like it.

I have a holiday home in Malta and thought it would be good for the road there - short trips and something that would be easy for the wife to get on and off and it is.

So there is lots to love about the bike but you always notice the problems first. The suspension on the rear is very harsh for pillions and i bottomed out the exhaust and a tight bend. Clutch need good control and the bike does not seem to like anything below 2k revs. A couple of time it backfired and cut out when on the overrun a a long hill and she does pop through the exhausts on de-accelerating but i like that. But OMG the heat from the engine, i know this year was hot in Malta in the summer 35-38 degrees C, but in traffic it actually burns my legs if i am still for too long and even when you get a bit of speed going it is almost unbearable - this i need to fix of trade in for a WC hypermotard.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A lot of people wrap the exhaust headers, I know this doesn't help with the cylinder heat though.... are you riding in shorts? I would imagine that would make it very uncomfortable!!
Yep riding in shorts if i put on my protective gear i would not get it off it is way to hot in the summer, i expected the bike to be more urban - i dont have a problem of heat through the seat just on my lower legs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts