Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What a difference it makes!! Lower shorter bars and under-slung Napoleon mirrors. I need to get a new brake cable so I can slide the reservoir/brake lever closer to the center (it hits on the instrument cluster), but so far so good. I also had to move the ignition/kill switch to the left side b/c the bars were short. It rides soooo much better and all the horrible wind buffeting on the highway is virtually non existent now. I feel so much more comfortable now, it fits me perfect!
side view.jpg
shop view.jpg
posing.jpg
front view.jpg
back view.jpg

side view.jpg shop view.jpg posing.jpg front view.jpg back view.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great job girl! I ordered my Red Icon with full throttle handlebar. Stock handlebar is not so confortable for me...

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
965 Posts
Have to admit I am happy with the stock bats for myself. Not so happy though that I already have a warranty issue with the high beam switch, but such is life and first world problems. I just never had ANY on other bikes owned in the past.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Dave: please start a thread on "Scrambler Common Problems/Issues" section so others informed.

C'leen: I like your new bars and mirrors. How is the vibration on the mirrors? And could you share the links where i may get those as well? Don't worry i won't replicate your scrambler's identity as mine will be Red.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I need to get a new brake cable so I can slide the reservoir/brake lever closer to the center (it hits on the instrument cluster)
On my wife's bike I rotated the brake hose to pass under the speedo housing when I fitted Renthal medium road bars which are lower and narrower than the stock bars. It's very close now, but clears ok.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Elvisto, thanks!! I couldn't live with the Napoleons and had to put them back on my cafe racer. Here is the final bar and mirror configuration for the Scrambler. MUCH better!!
mirrors.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have no idea. Got them from a friend. There's nothing other than a model number on the package. No bar codes or anything.
20150526_191450.jpg

·
Registered
764 Posts
On my wife's bike I rotated the brake hose to pass under the speedo housing when I fitted Renthal medium road bars which are lower and narrower than the stock bars. It's very close now, but clears ok.

If you rotate the twistgrip assembly by 180º the cable will run below the master cylinder which might be neater. There may be a peg that stops it being moved unless it is removed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you rotate the twistgrip assembly by 180º the cable will run below the master cylinder which might be neater. There may be a peg that stops it being moved unless it is removed.
I actually got round to doing that last week. Just needed to re-drill the bar for the locating peg. The front brake hose and throttle cable now flow the same route around and under the speedo which looks a lot neater. They should be well out of sight once we get the Dart screen fitted. :encouragement:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice looking! The bars remind me of the original "Home" bars on Brit bikes from the '70's. I like that. You could install the top triple clamp from the Full Throttle to get the l 1/8" (22mm) "fat" bars to fit from various manufacturers. That would also allow you to mount the speedo in the stock position. Switch gear -- I think I would just plug in the Sicass Racing switch (for various KTM models) which would allow you to shut the light off and it is very robust. It is also narrower so shorter bars could be used. It is also not pinned for better positioning. As for the brake cable a shorter steel braided cable would be my preference. It would also be an upgrade for the front brake.

Stu

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Nice looking! The bars remind me of the original "Home" bars on Brit bikes from the '70's. I like that. You could install the top triple clamp from the Full Throttle to get the l 1/8" (22mm) "fat" bars to fit from various manufacturers. That would also allow you to mount the speedo in the stock position. Switch gear -- I think I would just plug in the Sicass Racing switch (for various KTM models) which would allow you to shut the light off and it is very robust. It is also narrower so shorter bars could be used. It is also not pinned for better positioning. As for the brake cable a shorter steel braided cable would be my preference. It would also be an upgrade for the front brake.

Stu
Yeah, it will be something along what you're saying I'll do. I'm using a spare set of Diavel 28mm bars and risers though.
Pretty sure the Scrambler already has braided lines but with a black cover for the look. Don't forget, we have ABS which means the hose goes all the way to under the seat to the ABS unit rather that to the front calliper. Another shorter hose won't be a bank breaker if needed but for some, bleeding an ABS system, although straight forward can be a bit daunting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought steel braided brake line and new fittings. Looks badass and fits much better on the shorty bars I put on. I could barely fit the brake lever assembly close enough to the middle even with the new fittings.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts