Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Icon from The Motor Café, and took the scenic route home - 84, 35, 9, Alice's, etc.

Like m'boy's FZ-09, it's the engine that makes it. So much torque, it doesn't care what gear you're in, and such a smooth engine - Ducati has come a long way since my SS800! :p It's properly narrow; it truly feels as narrow as a V-twin should.

The seat sucked at the beginning until I got the hang of it - sit forward in twisties, back on the slab. Sitting a just two inches back is way more comfortable.

The wide bars are great for the twisties. The bike turns so easily.

It needs a windscreen and lower bars, no question. I picked up the Full Throttle bars along with the bike, and will get around to installing them this week, I hope.

I had considered the Full Throttle, but I like red - and the stock sound is rather nice, a proper V-twin rumble. I'm old enough not to care too much about making a lot of noise.

Crappy cell phone pics:
7.jpg
9.jpg

·
Registered
965 Posts
Brings back fond memories of my rides in Woodside. I have ridden everything from my H-1 triple to my LTD900 down that road at paces now I would never consider. All ending up at four corners. Ah yes to be 18 again. I love my Scrambler for the twisties too and could imagine what the road there is like on one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts