Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally collected my Urban today! To say I'm pleased is a huge understatement, my bike rides so much better than the demo, definitely a good one ;-) The throttle is less fierce, the motor is sooooooo smooth, the gearbox is spot on, with no neutral issues. The motor is so smooth that if I reach down and touch the L/H case riding at about 50mph/4000rpm, it feels like it's not running! Seriously, through a leather race glove I cannot feel any vibration at all, I even checked there wasn't an additional cover over the motor, even though I knew there wasn't! I've never had a Ducati motor so smooth.
Suspension was fine, no more or less than the style of bike needs, although fast road work would be better with the Ohlins conversion.
My first ride was 130 miles, in a mix of sunshine, with the odd light shower, but high winds. Dodging fallen branches in the roads, and there were lots, was a doddle. Tyres are fine, and now scrubbed to the edges. Brakes are spot on, not too sharp, although the rear lacks a bit of bite, I'm sure this will improve as it beds in. The motor is so eager I had to keep an eye on the revs, but made sure I was running between 3,500 and 5,500. The smaller roads made this easy with lots of gearbox work.
I'm so pleased with it, I just want to get out and ride! If you're still waiting for delivery, it's worth it ;-)

FB_IMG_1430842702707.jpg

·
Registered
764 Posts
I collect my Classic tomorrow Nick. I hope my experience is going to be as good as yours. Thanks for the report.

Reactions: nuttynick

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
So I finally collected my Urban today! To say I'm pleased is a huge understatement, my bike rides so much better than the demo, definitely a good one ;-) The throttle is less fierce, the motor is sooooooo smooth, the gearbox is spot on, with no neutral issues. The motor is so smooth that if I reach down and touch the L/H case riding at about 50mph/4000rpm, it feels like it's not running! Seriously, through a leather race glove I cannot feel any vibration at all, I even checked there wasn't an additional cover over the motor, even though I knew there wasn't! I've never had a Ducati motor so smooth.
Suspension was fine, no more or less than the style of bike needs, although fast road work would be better with the Ohlins conversion.
My first ride was 130 miles, in a mix of sunshine, with the odd light shower, but high winds. Dodging fallen branches in the roads, and there were lots, was a doddle. Tyres are fine, and now scrubbed to the edges. Brakes are spot on, not too sharp, although the rear lacks a bit of bite, I'm sure this will improve as it beds in. The motor is so eager I had to keep an eye on the revs, but made sure I was running between 3,500 and 5,500. The smaller roads made this easy with lots of gearbox work.
I'm so pleased with it, I just want to get out and ride! If you're still waiting for delivery, it's worth it ;-)

View attachment 837
Wot ee sed.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is everyone else's motor ununcannily smooth? It really is very weird, feeling like it's not actually running?!

·
Registered
564 Posts
I noticed it on my demo ride.Thought it had stalled or was coasting a couple of times.....and the demo bike had the sportline Termi on it!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I collect my Classic tomorrow Nick. I hope my experience is going to be as good as yours. Thanks for the report.
You are not going to be disappointed, not if great back to basics riding and great looks are what you want.

I took mine as promised to a couple of pals, both bike shop owners to give them a shot. One in Elgin the other in Inverness. The traffic Police followed me in to the Inverness shop and I thought 'here we go, this bike won't be on their ANPR computer system, they were just wanting to know all about the bike, one even said "you'll need to do something about that awfull number plate hanger".
Both shop owners are quite big blokes and both came back slevering all over it.

Lashing rain up here tonight, I hope it fairs up for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

View attachment 837
Cool as Fck, and the bike's cool too.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A little update after my first couple of hundred miles. Love this bike! My only niggles would be, the headlight hi/low switch is shite! Why can't they fit a more conventional switch? I find it a real fiddle to swap between the beams, I guess I'll get used to it in the end, and the mirrors don't adjust up much? I like my levers fairly flat rather than angled down, and there's not enough movement on the mirror to lift up the view. Both minor niggles, apart from that I can't fault it! And it's doing 60 mpg running in, and I'm not being too gentle either :)

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have the same problem with the mirrors.
The dip/main switch doesn't bother me because I'm used to the same arrangement on the Multi, but the trip function on the Scrambler is on the bottom button whereas it's on the top for the Multi. I'll get used to I guess. I also found getting the side stand down awkward to start with but I'm getting used to it already.
I did 123 miles after filling up yesterday and the light came on at about 118. I'll know when I fill up later today but that should work out about 60mpg too.

·
Registered
141 Posts
A little update after my first couple of hundred miles. Love this bike! My only niggles would be, the headlight hi/low switch is shite! Why can't they fit a more conventional switch? I find it a real fiddle to swap between the beams, I guess I'll get used to it in the end, and the mirrors don't adjust up much? I like my levers fairly flat rather than angled down, and there's not enough movement on the mirror to lift up the view. Both minor niggles, apart from that I can't fault it! And it's doing 60 mpg running in, and I'm not being too gentle either :)
You don't have to move your levers! Pull away the rubber covering in the back of the mirrors and you will find a nut that will give you all the adjustment you need. Cheers!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts