Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my FTP with the SB Suspension GP 25mm cartridges and double adjustable rear shock and charcoal canister removed:

20180314_181900.jpg

The next phase will be installing a Zard Zuma slip-on, but I am going to wait until I can have the ECU reflashed. That may take a few weeks. I'm leaning toward the Rexxer because once it's done I am not going to be changing out exhaust or air filter.

-Bob

Reactions: Biscuits

·
Registered
734 Posts
Bob
bike looking good!!!
how is the weather?, did you already ride your bike? how the SB Suspension feels..

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm also leaning toward the Rexxer instead of the Rapid Bike, because with Rexxer bike can be scanned and delete service codes/light.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes, the ability to reset the TPS and service indicator is a big plus for the Rexxer. I was first leaning heavily toward the RapidBike, but once installed my setup isn't going to change. A simple reflash will suffice.

Except for a spin around the neighborhood, I have not ridden the bike yet. I won't be able to compare the stock suspension to the SB bits. The weather here has been either cold or rain. My hope was I could take it out Saturday, but the prediction is freezing rain. :(

I knew when I bought the bike the suspension would need upgrading. I'm 6ft, 210 pounds. There's no way the stock suspension would work for me. The SB/JRi rear shock was always in the plan. I had initially planned on the Ohlins 30mm cartridges, but Ken offered his GP cartridges and I received an unexpected bonus from my employer and that was that. I got the full SB Suspension treatment.

The bike was priced such that my purchase price plus the cost of the suspension is still less than the initial MSRP of the Flat Track Pro.

I have the Zuma slip on ready to go. Just need to save a bit more to get the Rexxer reflash. I am also intending to change out the turn signals. I haven't decided what the replacements will be yet. I may put a rear rack on, but I have to find one that works with the brackets for the number plates.

For now, I'm just waiting on the weather so I can ride the dang thing.

-Bob

Reactions: Biscuits

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts