Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is coming up.
I bought my FTP from Motorapido in Winchester and was intending to take it there. However the Laguna Performance Centre in Ashford, Kent is much closer (120 miles v 30). Cost is a factor but I am more concerned with quality and a good relationship. Laguna didn't have a FTP.

Anybody with experience of either company or general suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine is coming up.
I bought my FTP from Motorapido in Winchester and was intending to take it there. However the Laguna Performance Centre in Ashford, Kent is much closer (120 miles v 30). Cost is a factor but I am more concerned with quality and a good relationship. Laguna didn't have a FTP.

Anybody with experience of either company or general suggestions?
How did you get on in the end?
I brought my Mach 2 from Laguna Ashford
Been pretty helpful so far with the odd question.
How much was the first service?
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tom

Welcome to the forum.

I can't say that Motorapido are that helpful.

I would feel a bit guilty taking my FTP there. But that's what I wanted and they didn't have one

Just about £175 for the 625 mile service. Make sure the service light comes on before you take it in. They can't reset it otherwise.

Phil

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not good when a dealer is not very helpful! Leaves a sour taste in the mouth over Ducati if you don’t find a good dealer.
I spoke to Laguna last week about putting a termi on mine and they were spot on! Rung back with some more answers.
He did say that they can do the first service @ 400 then just nip back in when the light comes on and they would turn it off
They guy Kieron I brought it off was very good. But when he delivered it he told me he was leaving ;( but word was he might be going back there

Do wish this bloody weather would brighten up! Haven’t ridden in 2 months ;(
Tom

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't just nip back to Winchester. Only had another 5 or 6 miles to when I got there, so not too bad. Also the A272 is not a bad ride.

I had the racing termi fitted from new. Just didn't like the sound of the shotguns (but they do look better imo). Can't remember what the Mach ll has. Max Cool has adapted his shotguns and reckons they sound good. That would be a much cheaper option. Sorry I don't know if that's important to you but thought I would mention it.

Big advantage having a good local dealer. Think I will pop over to Ashford and have a chat with Laguna. Are they still at the 'Tenterden' end?

Yes I haven't ridden since before Christmas and have been adding a few things. Weather starting to look a bit more promising though. :bom:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Managed to get a take off from a full throttle termi evo I think they are called. Think they are the shotguns you mentioned.

Yeah laguna is just on the a28 behind the Renault dealer
Hoping it will be dry this weekend! Can live in hope!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nope not been good enough weather to rack up the miles :(
Have done a little stint last Sunday morning with the termi’s sound awesome! Yeah fitted ok just had to get a few different mounting bolts from the standard slip on
Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts