Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I need to get in for my first service as well. (Not a Scrambler, but my 899) -- currently sitting at 730.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Mine goes it for it's first service this evening. I should be at 605 miles when I pull into the dealership. :)

After that... the gloves are off! :headbang:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mine goes it for it's first service this evening. I should be at 605 miles when I pull into the dealership. :)

After that... the gloves are off! :headbang:
Hey you better go ride 20 miles!

The service light goes on at 623 miles. (At least mine did.) If you don't get past that, it will go on after your service!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hey you better go ride 20 miles!

The service light goes on at 623 miles. (At least mine did.) If you don't get past that, it will go on after your service!!!
Good to know! Thanks for the tip! I'm at 506 miles right now, and was going to do about 90 miles after work, and then head over to drop it off. I'll leave myself some spare time to get in enough miles so that light will turn on. :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Rode it like I stole it from the get go ;)
OK...since you brought up "pushing the limits"...I have noticed, I think (as a glancing observation), the the red lights and rev limiter come on earlier in lower gears than higher gears.

Anyone else notice this? Or anyone who reads the manuel remember any such thing?

Or is it just my imagination...

There is no "redline" mark per se on the tach.

I think it is variable, lower in lowest gear and higher in upper gears.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks again all for the heads up on the service light. I would have been scratching my head on that one. Just dropped it off with 626 on the meter and a service light waiting to be reset. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK...since you brought up "pushing the limits"...I have noticed, I think (as a glancing observation), the the red lights and rev limiter come on earlier in lower gears than higher gears.

Anyone else notice this? Or anyone who reads the manuel remember any such thing?

Or is it just my imagination...

There is no "redline" mark per se on the tach.

I think it is variable, lower in lowest gear and higher in upper gears.
Not really sure, seems to always top out around 8

·
Registered
965 Posts
It's looking like I will likely go over my 600 miles before my service appointment on June 12th. That was the earliest the dealer could get me in and I made that appointment on 5/10 so they are a month out on service openings. I'm sure it's not that big of a deal going over some on the mileage.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yes make sure you go the extra miles. YOU HAVE TO DO 623 plus. Its not critical over but under they CANNOT turn off a light that's NOT ON.
I am now on 995 and still not opened her right up but am free revving it. She goes well.
I've even noticed how much more willing the motor is after my current 450 miles, seems like its starting to loosen up and not feel as "tight".

·
Registered
589 Posts
My service indicator came on at 630 from memory? Booked in next Friday, then I can up the revs to 7,000 for the next 1,500 miles ;-)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I went over a bit, I am at 1300km / 807miles , service tomorrow. :barbershop_quartet_member: 20 of us went for a nice group ride over the weekend, I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
So you have to run the bike in at no more than 6k rpm for roughly 600 miles... Then you can just let her rip? Or do you have to take it easy still?

My Yamaha after the 600 mile service was thrashed for the next 5000 miles with no issues!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts