Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the first service (oil change) yesterday. Easy Peasy. Removing exhaust to get to the screen was a little fiddly, but overall still quicker and easier than some other bikes I’ve owned. Now I’ve got to get someone to clear the service light..

There are some good tutorials out there, so I suppose this is just to let folks know that this is nothing to be intimidated by. I documented everything for warranty purposes.

I like to work on my own bikes. I know what was done and who to blame if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you manage to clear the service light? Ducati now refuse to clear this on the 2019 bikes.

I haven’t don’t it yet, but I have had both the local independent Ducati service shop and the dealer a I bought the bike from tell me they’ll do it for me. The dealer had no issue with me doing my own service.

Ducati refusing to do it seems crazy to me. Here in the states manufacturers cannot legally prevent consumers from performing their own service or void their warranty for doing so. As long as you document things properly, you’re good.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Yep, but they can charge you for resetting the service light, which is ridiculous imho.

On my other bike and my car I can do it myself...

·
Registered
31 Posts
They're refusing to reset it. Ducati won't let the dealer reset the light on a 2019 Ducati they didn't change the oil on. So the oil service reminder will flash at me forever and ever just because a Triumph dealer did it and not a Ducati dealer.
Just an oil change. Shocking.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Did you manage to clear the service light? Ducati now refuse to clear this on the 2019 bikes.
It's not just on 2019 bikes! I have a 2013 Multistrada that can only be reset by the dealer.

I'm obviously in a minority here, but I actually don't see what the big deal is.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not just on 2019 bikes! I have a 2013 Multistrada that can only be reset by the dealer.

I'm obviously in a minority here, but I actually don't see what the big deal is.
It’s about them refusing to reset the light if they don’t perform the service.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had the 1st service light for a few months since I got my oil change at a non-Ducati mechanic. I'm nearing 4500 kms, and will visit the Ducati dealership soon. They've told me that they can reset the light without a problem, though I'm not in the U.S.

My question is: if they reset the light at 4500 kms, will it mess up the desmo service light count down?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts