Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I picked up my urban enduro last thursday.
Have been riding already 150km, and i am really excited about the bike.
There where some issues to find neutral and to pop into gear, but adapted fast to the bike, and now the ride is just perfect.
The suspensions feels ok for me, and our roads aren't the best here in Belgium, so good test :).

I will be riding a lot of km's this weekend. I can't get enough of it :).
WP_20150430_19_17_14_Pro.jpg
WP_20150430_20_31_16_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Nope....high level Termi all the way for the Urban Enduro...for looks.....and sound!..
You're right, but, it's just the oochafkr price tag.
These things don't require too much R&D as they have lots of experience and already know what's what. The materials cost pennies but things are judged on their price and if they sold the exhaust for £500 instead of £1300 it may not sell so well. Strange but true. Just ask Rolls Royce when they brought out a cheaper more affordable car.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Like they say.....you can't take it with you!
And the high pipe has already been ordered for installing to my bike.....when it eventually arrives! :D

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Live once and buy the high pipe...put a smile on your face every time you look at it !

not to mention the sound:D
I've been staring at it (the bike) for a while now. I think what I've decided on is the fore front pipe coming up the route the rear one takes at the moment, go around inside the frame like old trail bikes did, instead of across the outside of the frame towards the rear, exiting out a high level silencer on the right. The rear cylinder will have it's own high level silencer on the left.
There we go the first twin exhaust and symmetrical, now that will make me smile for a number of reasons, 1st one being I made it myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really like the high pipe but the only thing i miss is the space under the rear suspensionarm that isn't filled by the cat! It looks too empty for me :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I was stuck in traffic on monday with no where to go, no way to filter, and the standard exhaust was getting hotter and hotter, So I do think with the high pipe it could be a little unbearable at times,

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Graham, will the engine suffer in such a situation?
The heat has been a problem since Ducati started bringing the rear header pipe forward. Not nearly the same heat when the rear header pipe went down between the swing arm and gearbox.
It shouldn't have any effect to the engine internals as the heat is always there we just can't feel it on the move.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts