Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, my first mod has been to fit the Rizoma tapered (low tracker style) bars. Nothing really wrong with the originals, just that these give a slightly less extreme ride, and look more elegant in my eyes.
Took longer that anticipated because we had to drill 3 x 5.5mm holes for the plastic pegs on the switchgear housings, and a tiny 2mm hole for the metal pin on the throttle housing. Existing cables all fitted back neatly - no need to lengthen which was a blessing. First time I've ever swapped over bars with a fly by wire throttle, so I was anxious before starting, but went for a quick 20 mile run today, everything working fine, and nothing fell off.
PS, internal diameter of Rizoma bar ends is less than on original bars, so had to leave off the outer metal sleeve of the bar end mirror mounts - no problem.
Next mod will be to try and figure out how to fit a tail tidy to replace the existing license plate bracket.
Looking forward to springtime, loving this bike :), Cheers all, Alec
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Ben / benr, bars are Rizoma MA006B. To me they feel like a more natural fit without being too tall (and retaining original cables).
I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam and the bike is a great fit for me. Initially I didn't like the seat comfort but after 1500 miles and a few 200 mile days it doesn't bother me any more, maybe the seat has moulded to the shape of my behind. I'll reserve judgement on changing it until I've added some more miles. Overall this is one of the most comfortable bikes I've ever owned, and also one of the easiest to live with - so easy to ride fast or slow.
Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Alec

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice bars, great colour - I didn't realise these were an option!
Thanks man. Red, blue, silver, gold and black. The gold is lighter than the forks, but its almost like a metal flake- doesnt bother me at all.

Reactions: aleclaw
1 - 5 of 5 Posts