Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pleasantly surprised how robust this item is, :)

Note ! Don't try to fit this yourself if you're not mechanically minded :rolleyes:

There are about 20 bits and pieces to figure out, and you don't get any instructions either, But all the items are well made and powder coated, the pan is anodised ,

Once its all fitted it's an easy job to remove just the pan, 3 bolts , then you can change the oil filter,

I'll post more pics if anyone needs them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Note ! Don't try to fit this yourself if you're not mechanically minded :rolleyes:

There are about 20 bits and pieces to figure out, and you don't get any instructions either, But all the items are well made and powder coated, the pan is anodised ,

Once its all fitted it's an easy job to remove just the pan, 3 bolts , then you can change the oil filter,

That'll be similar to one I should get on the Urban. When I saw you're photo I thought it looked more substantial to what I was getting but checked on google and it looks the same.
Good news and looks smart.

·
Registered
834 Posts
That'll be similar to one I should get on the Urban. When I saw you're photo I thought it looked more substantial to what I was getting but checked on google and it looks the same.
Good news and looks smart.
Should be the same as the Urban. I have purchased one too so any tips greatly received. Looks good indeed.

·
Registered
141 Posts

More photos please!!!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There a 4 stand off bolts, to replace engine bolts,
3 brackets, 2 on the left side of the bike and 1 on the right side,
On the first pic you can just see the two brkts on the left , the half moon one at the front and one just in front of the prop stand,
I'll take some better pictures for you of the brackets later this week,

ps, On the left side I removed the cable camp as it's not needed when the belly pan is in place

·
Registered
424 Posts
Excellent! Next time u r near some dirt...
Pose her and get a full bike shot with the skid plate @ a visible angle.
:)

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
My dealer is gonna fit all the stuff I've ordered.

I'm cack handed. :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
My dealer said he was too as he billed me £60 with the parts I ordered. But I will let him have that for fitting the exhaust instead as I can easily do the seat, tank panels and sprocket cover and bash plate etc. Hardest part will be speedo bits and tank stripe.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dealer offered to fit the parts at there first service FOC, when I ordered the bike, He can do the heated grips when they arrive :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts

hi all , went to smc at Sheffield today for my belly pan and when I saw all the parts to fit it with no instructions it put me off , also I did not fancy removing engine bolts and also apart from keeping dirt off the engine its mechanical strength is only as strong as the brackets , a good knock and it could cause casing damage , I declined and did not buy this part , purely cosmetic !

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi all , went to the dealer today for the belly pan that I had ordered from Sheffield motor cycles , when dave showed it me with all the parts required to fit it , bolts, brackets etc it put me well off , plus removing engine bolts to fit brackets , brackets are thinner than pan that looks quite strong , stronger than brackets ! if you do catch the pan I think the brackets could give and bend/break the engine bolts or worse , sorry to be a bit negative but to be honest this is a dirt catcher , purely cosmetic , I have declined on this accessory

1 - 20 of 68 Posts