Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I could get a lowering shock absorber for the Ducati 2015. I have got big boots, a cut out seat but bike could do with being lowered by 1 or 2 inches.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm sure if you contacted the various suspension manufacturers they will be able to help you out personally. To my knowledge, there's nobody making a specifically "lowered" shock, but it shouldn't be too tough for them to either respring something lower or adjust the suspension. You also may be able to slide the front fork tubes a little higher on the upper triple tree to get maybe half an inch lower in the front (although it would be better to get something specifically made to lower it). But talking to the suspension folks like SB, Maxton, and others would be your best bet.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Does anyone know where I could get a lowering shock absorber for the Ducati 2015. I have got big boots, a cut out seat but bike could do with being lowered by 1 or 2 inches.
I have quite short legs, also have stacked boots and the same problem! I've had a Nitron shock fitted and requested it was shortened. They said I could have it as much as I wanted but obviously the more you have it shortened the more it can affect the bike's geometry and handling, unless you have the front adjusted as well. So I asked them to shorten it as much as possible without having too much of an effect on the bike. Mine has been done by about 30mm which gives me approx an inch lower in ride height - I still can't flat foot but it has made a difference. Also the Nitron shock is adjustable and WAY superior than the stock!

If you have it shortened too much you have to consider ground clearance, and also the side stand will most likely need shortening. My stand is fine with the amount I've had done :). (I'm in the UK)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Bloody hell. I thought I was a short @rse :D

I was thinking same - I have 26.5" inside legs and I was able to flat foot (I am heavy too) this

On my Multistrada I am on toes so bought some Harley Davidson Caldwell Boots - the toe part of the sole is maybe an inch thick - so half to 3/4 inch more than the normal boot - it made a big difference.

How short are your legs Pgalloway and Little Owl - or are you lightweight also?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I was thinking same - I have 26.5" inside legs and I was able to flat foot (I am heavy too) this

On my Multistrada I am on toes so bought some Harley Davidson Caldwell Boots - the toe part of the sole is maybe an inch thick - so half to 3/4 inch more than the normal boot - it made a big difference.

How short are your legs Pgalloway and Little Owl - or are you lightweight also?
Crikey, I have just over 28" inside legs and can't flat foot!! :confused: I weigh about 130lbs though so don't have an awful lot of effect on the bike! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Then my weight obviously helps lower me on the seat and suspension - with the Harley boots I can flat foot - normal shoes - not quite.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is where an Icon Elsinore boot is well worth it...:) I can almost flat foot it with a 28" inseam and 140lbs...but the boot makes it more livable.

Reactions: HarryGib

·
Registered
113 Posts
i might win the short leg competition here! I'm 5'1 and weigh 9 stone with an inside leg of about 24" - 25", i can tip toe with one foot only, when the road is cambered i can touch the floor with the ball of my foot but only the one. I'm interested in getting a slightly lowered rear shock absorber but they are quite expensive. Oh i do have the lowered -20mm seat fitted too which has made a massive difference and is surprisingly quite comfy :alien:

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Sorry to tell you but other than lowering the seat, you can't do much more.

The drive chain goes through a "tunnel" (of sorts) in the swing arm. Lowering the bike much from stock would not allow clearance for the chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
i might win the short leg competition here! I'm 5'1 and weigh 9 stone with an inside leg of about 24" - 25", i can tip toe with one foot only, when the road is cambered i can touch the floor with the ball of my foot but only the one. I'm interested in getting a slightly lowered rear shock absorber but they are quite expensive. Oh i do have the lowered -20mm seat fitted too which has made a massive difference and is surprisingly quite comfy :alien:
Are you a hobbit? :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts