Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bike is at the dealer.
the engine have stall for three times.
First two times I was riding off road... the last one was on a very good pavement road.

All three times the engine stalls, the displayshow the "Engine error" code, and after resetting the ignition key, I can continue home.

First time the dealer found a failure code ( positive current failure) for the horizontal coil. Aparently he found the the spark plug cap a little out...

The last one ... I have the same failure... but in both coils at same time...

Waiting for diagnostic and resolution...

A few pictures of the last ride, before the engine stalling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Symptoms:
  • The engine stalls when yo are riding the bike over hard bumps
  • The display shows "ENGINE" error code and the yellow warning led.
  • Sometimes the engine stalled and one time it work with 1 cylinder only...
  • The diagnose (at dealer) codes indicates sometimes "Horizontal coil positive fail ", sometimes "Vertical coil positive fail " and others both of them...
  • When the engine stalled, if you push the ignition button, you can not start it again. The starting engine works fine, you can ear it, but the engine did not starts up like if you it have not spark or fuel.
  • If you reset the ignition key (off-on) after stalling the engine fires up at first try.

Apparently the problem has been fixed and it was the battery ground connection loose at frame side
It was not completely loosen, only enough to have a bad connection riding over the bumps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
when stalling you turned the key on and off and it was dead?

I've been having similar issues and they said it was the horizontal cylinder coil.

regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, when the bike stalls I had to reset the ECU doing an Off to On operation with the ignition key.

After this operation I can start the engine normally.

In my case, the extrange question was that I have errors in each cilinder ignition coil alternatively and my dealer change both and the problem persist.

In my opinion, in your case that only have error code from horizontal cilinder, first step is change the ignition coil, the spark plug and the spark plug cap and wire to ignition coil.

Good luck.

Enviado desde mi CLT-L29 mediante Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts