IMG_0083.jpg
IMG_0085.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Fantastic.
I am looking for a CR seat and cowl.
Have you seen the NRC tail tidy? Imo, with the licence plate under the seat and integrated tail light/indicators, it would really tidy up the back.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic.
I am looking for a CR seat and cowl.
Have you seen the NRC tail tidy? Imo, with the licence plate under the seat and integrated tail light/indicators, it would really tidy up the back.
I took Phil's suggestion and utilized the New Rage Cycles tail tidy. I only used the license plate bracket and light. I was able to relocated the rear Scrambler mini-LED indicators more forward and narrowly spaced. Pics attached.
IMG_0091.jpg
IMG_0094.jpg

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Two fantastic looking bikes you have there Kent (with or without my suggestion).
Your 'garage' sure is smarter than mine too.
Am very interested to know your opinion/thoughts about the upcoming Indian FTR 1200.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two fantastic looking bikes you have there Kent (with or without my suggestion).
Your 'garage' sure is smarter than mine too.
Am very interested to know your opinion/thoughts about the upcoming Indian FTR 1200.
The Indian FTR 1200 appears to be a great looking bike very similar to the old Harley Davidson XR750 that real flat track racing in the late '60's/early '70's. Pretty light as well at 427lbs.
Before my Scramblers I did a Harley Sportster / Storz Performance conversion project that came out very similar to the Indian FTR. Also a 1200.
IMG_1576.jpg
IMG_1584.jpg
View attachment 35237

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks real cool.
Why didn't you keep it?
I actually had it for over seven years and was ready for something new. Even with all of it's upgrades, it has less hp than the Scrambler even though it was 1200cc's , weighs about 170 lbs more and doesn't handle as well. It was an attention-getter though. Every time I stopped, people would take pictures of it!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I actually had it for over seven years and was ready for something new. Even with all of it's upgrades, it has less hp than the Scrambler even though it was 1200cc's , weighs about 170 lbs more and doesn't handle as well. It was an attention-getter though. Every time I stopped, people would take pictures of it!
Hopefully the Indian will walk and talk straight out of the box.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any tips for dying the seat black? Or any product you may recommend?
I looked into doing it myself and thought the best product was a two step process: first a prep material after which the actual dye is applied. It sounded a little complicated so I opted to have it done. I looked for and found an upholsterer who specialized in auto restoration and high end customization. It came out perfect and still looks new after 2,000 miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts