Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to Albie, I have new levers.

unfortunately, I ordered in black/chrome, but they arrived wrong.... never mind because it was my second choice!

very very nice pcs and quality looks great.

flodable links looks great and without "loose"

will try to ride soon, weather s..... :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Doesn't look bad with the red. Fits with the "X". I like :thumbsup:

Whats the brand?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
colors matched 'cause of lucky :) I've ordered black and silver, but on web shop as far as I understood, the only way to choose colour is (or should be....) to insert a txt note during check out.... anyhow I'm satisfyed because red is "calling" the "X"

I bought, as Albie and Elvisto, from here

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought the black/red ones. Yet to fit. Mine came from a German supplier and weren't as cheap as the Chinese ones.
But, I am wondering if they are the same and I have overpaid.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Mine have just come! Can't wait to put them on but will have to wait till week after next now (off to Scotland). My clutch lever is a PITA as it's stiff and too far from the bars for me - think these levers will make a huge difference :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've never heard of foldable levers before.. What does the "folding" do? Does it allow for easier or stronger grip?
They fold upwards if you drop the bike... Hopefully a feature you don't use! They're also adjustable in reach but that's a different feature.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought, as Albie and Elvisto, from here
I have bought the same, and delivery was fast!

I have 2 questions regarding installation. I hope someone can share some insights. :)

1. For clutch, I felt that it was tight without the original plastic bushing... Do I need that bushing?
2. For brake, I noticed that the "pusher" for the master of the China lever was not as deeply recessed as the original...
IMG_5263.JPG

so even though it looks as if the "pusher" was almost against the rubber part of the master when I took my original off, the plastic pin was maybe 2-3mm protruding (into the recessed area)... Right now I backed out the "pusher" so the pin is exposed for about 2-3mm... Is this the correct approach?
IMG_5266.JPG

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just make sure you have free play on the lever, in other words a small gap between the lever and master cylinder plunger. Otherwise you can end up with a locked brake as fluid can't properly return to the master cylinder.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just make sure you have free play on the lever, in other words a small gap between the lever and master cylinder plunger. Otherwise you can end up with a locked brake as fluid can't properly return to the master cylinder.
Thanks nuttynick :) that's what I think could happen so I backed the bolt out a bit
However, the plunger (the plastic thing that pushes into the master cylinder rubber boot?) is pretty long... even in the stock setting, it was already depressed against the rubber boot.. do I need to back it out fully to create a space?
Apologies for such n00b question, as I never changed my OEM levers for my previous bikes

·
Registered
342 Posts
mtb2104
I have what look like exactly the same levers but a different supplier.
I did not use the plastic bush in the clutch side. It would be way too tight.
On the original Ducati brake lever i did not like the massive amount of travel before that plunger hit the master cylinder piston. So i already wound in that adjuster on the old lever to reduce the play.
On the chinese brake lever, as it arrived was fine for me.
As nn says though there neeeds to be some play. Once assembled in place if i pull the lever there is about 18 to 20mm of movement at the outer lever tip before the play is taken up.
as mine is set up the "pusher" just touches the rubber boot you describe and the pin is not visible at all.
hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I didn't have any problems fitting the chinese levers, Everything went together perfectly with no parts left over, :rolleyes:
Just remember to take care with the brake light switch, you can easily lose the small pusher, :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the inputs guys!

Yes they can be put together without much fuss, but it got me a little worried upon closer inspection (deeply recessed pusher from OEM against almost no recession on the China lever)... The China levers work as they should during car park testing, but I was just slightly concerned for the long run. Worried too much I guess. :p

Rode to work today, and they felt great, especially for my short fingers :p

·
Registered
97 Posts
this morning when I prepared for my commute, I noticed that I had to pull the brake lever ALL THE WAY IN to get a "bite"... After maybe 3-4 "pumps", all is well again

Bubble in the fluid? Leak somewhere? :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts