Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a Termignoni slip-on racing exhaust with a new Ducati I purchased from a dealer but opted for another style exhaust and hence never used this one. This item is being sold as seen with the box. I am no mechanic so I am not sure how to install it / where it fits etc. For any measurements or further detail feel free to contact me and I'll try to help as possible.

Price: £700 (or equivalent)

Please reach out if of interest!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey - I believe so as the tail pipes are the same between 800 and 1100 but you could confirm with your local dealer they will know.
All the best

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey,

So I just weighed the exhaust + measured the dimensions and it looks like there are many (relatively competitive) options to ship to Texas. Including UPS Express Plus which I can ship at 3pm from the UK and its delivered to you at 8am the next day (!!). Given that I'd like it shipped secured, tracked and signed it is still ~$50-100 (given the insurance, size of package). Happy to throw that in for free.

Given you're far away and we want to get this right - if you wish we can have a call to discuss / I could even show you on Video what you're getting / you can see it "first hand".

Happy to be flexible (keep in mind I'm not an expert).

Kind regards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, Thanks for checking, great to know that you can throw the shipping free for me, appreciate it. Let's talk price.. Are you flexible or stuck at $700?? Considering it is used exhaust I think it's fair to offer at $350 Including shipping. Honestly, I do not even know the HP gain, if any. Considering all the unknowns I think $350 is a fair price. Let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to confirm - the exhaust is not used, it came on the brand new 1100 I bought (happy to share pictures of how it was installed in the showroom). Per my understanding the exhaust is worth €1,200 RRP, down to €899 at certain online retailers and I had the equivalent of €770 in mind given I don't have the original box / manual / whatever else comes with it since I got it "as installed" when I replaced for my current system. Happy to discuss price further in private but a price of say $350 would imply a 75% discount on RRP for an exhaust that has done 0 miles (appreciate it is not "unboxed" new).

In regards to HP - I have no idea unfortunately, always assumed these were more for the sound & aesthetics.

Kind regards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Following on from the above - I found this detail online, not sure if it's 1-to-1 with this exhaust but looks it.

Max. Power [hp]
  • +5%
Power at medium rpm [hp]
  • +2%
Max. Torque [Nm]
  • +2%
Torque at medium rpm [Nm]
  • +4%

·
Registered
7 Posts
I understand & appreciate your point of view, but unfortunately, with all the unknowns, I am not willing to spend 800 pounds on the item I am not sure about. As I mentioned I can let go of $350 considering if it works or not that's the risk I am willing to bet, but 800 pounds might be a bit too much to let go of an item that I am not too sure about. Thanks for your time & good luck with the sale. If you change your mind let me know & I can Paypal the money directly to you once I have shipping confirmation and pictures of how you shipped the item.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Totally get it.

If it helps remove some of the uncertainty I'm happy to execute the sale through one of the big marketplace platforms (at my cost given the commission) but at least like that you have no risk of sending money / shipping etc. If that helps meet in the middle then let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts