Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only 5 months ago I didn't even have a bike license and now I've gone from buying this ...

Changed it to this ...

And now I want this ...

I'm in a proper dilemma ... as much as I love the Scrambler .. I already yearn something a bit bigger (size + power)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rest easy child. Coveting as I understand it, only applies to your neighbors wife or possibly his ass. Motorcycles weren't even in the mix back then. In any event, you have done a lovely job customizing your new bike. If you intend to trade it in now, you will take a bath on resale value. Ride your bike, enjoy it, become a better rider. New awesome bikes come out every year, chasing the dream is costly.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I don't buy impulsively, but I'm always on the look out for the next one.

Sarah

·
Registered
227 Posts
Not for me. Just does not do it.
I think with a few subtle aesthetical mods like what most people do to the 800 Scrambler the 1100 will look fantastic. Plus, until people have actually taken the 1100 on a test ride I think it's a bit hasty to say that they don't like the bike purely based on pictures from the internet and having spent 10 minutes looking at it as a bike show.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I'm awaiting Indian's release of the FTR 1200.
Me too!

Latest rumor I heard (rumor, just a Facebook rumor!) the street FTR is going to be a 750, in which case I'd be hard pushed to let go of the Sled.

I love the looks of the FTR1200, it's amazing, but if it doesn't look like the prototype they showed, or it's a 750 I don't see myself buying it...I really want more grunt, not less.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Me too!

Latest rumor I heard (rumor, just a Facebook rumor!) the street FTR is going to be a 750, in which case I'd be hard pushed to let go of the Sled.

I love the looks of the FTR1200, it's amazing, but if it doesn't look like the prototype they showed, or it's a 750 I don't see myself buying it...I really want more grunt, not less.
Let's wait and see bhp and torque. The track FTR is a 750.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am hunkering a Husqvarna Vitpilen. I thought Svartpilen but, naw, I already have a scrambler. Just want a Cafe Racer.

Demo rode bmw R9T, not bad.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts