Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Scrambler Icon, we have a bent right fork and needs replacement. What will be our options? Don't want to spend $1k+ for a single fork.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eBay or the dealership, eBay will prob be cheaper but keep in mind its probably coming from a crashed/salvaged bike, so even if it appears to be straight there MIGHT be internal damage. Or you could get the OHLINS fork replacement set for $3k!

Dealership will be my last option, I found a set on ebay but it came from Scrambler 1100. Will this be a direct swap to my 800? Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dealership will be my last option, I found a set on ebay but it came from Scrambler 1100. Will this be a direct swap to my 800? Thanks!
No sorry, theres a ton of differences between the 1100 and 800, biggest things are fork tube widths and the different front wheel. The front wheel on the 1100 is dual rotor with different a different axel, wheel bearings, and spacers. It's for sure not an easy or straight forward swap. If you wanted to swap it you would need the whole front end not just the forks, its pretty involved but lots of people have done it. Theres a few Scramblers floating around with Panigale front ends but I haven't found a write up or anything detailing the process. good luck!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Any decent suspension expert should be able to simply replace the parts required and rebuild the forks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts