Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the current thinking on frame sliders? I've had them on many other bikes, but just started thinking about them for my Scrambler (2016 UE).

I've seen them on the front and rear axles, the handlebars (bar ends), and the main frame.

Any collected wisdom on best locations and best brands/types?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I always had them at earlier bikes, but never had to use them. Therefore I refused to get some for my Scrambler 1100 this time. Think it over: do you really need them? They don't improve the optics really......

·
Registered
21 Posts
They were fitted to my old Supersport and I was grateful for them on a couple of occasions if you get my drift, so when I got my Scrambler Icon I fitted R&G fork, swingarm, and frame protectors (the latter were a slightly awkward install but as long as you hold the engine on a jack when you remove the engine bolts, it's not too bad - they're also a pig to tighten if you're on your own as their aerofoil design means they have to be oriented one way or the other, not somewhere random, and there's nothing to hang on to to stop them spinning!). Having fitted them I don't think they're overly in your face, and I've not had to test them out, touch wood.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have Evotech kit fitted. Front and rear axle sliders and also the frame sliders. Bit easier that the R&G as the frame sliders are round :) Had similar on my Hyper and as above was thankful for them on more than once occasion. I would agree that the appearance is not that of the "clean" Scrambler, but it is not bad and give, at least me, a certain peace of mind when I am about to do "clever" things.

Each to his own.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the rizoma frame sliders - look good but wish they were alittle longer. I prefer speedymoto or motivation brand but got these rizoma on sale.
I also got the R&G rear wheel (Spindle/protectors) to use with my lift for chain maint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts