Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Almost looks identical to an area that my Buddy and I go prospecting in the Sierra's except that's a really good road. But while I am tempted to bring the bike up there its a bit too remote for my liking in case of trouble. Literally 5-6 miles down a road that is very similar to the above but not as good, but then you turn onto an old 1860's mining trail that was made pretty much for a two mule cart width and that goes for another 7-8 miles then that's where you set up camp.

Driving a bike up there would be perfect but it is comfy in a full size 4X4 even though you're talking narrow.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Triumph looks good - nice subtle mods. How is it to ride compared to the Ducati?
Will you be making mods to the Ducati too?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Triumph looks good - nice subtle mods. How is it to ride compared to the Ducati?
Will you be making mods to the Ducati too?
I don't think I'll be going to the same extremes as I did with Triumph. Comfort seat, license relocator and maybe FT bars.
Ride quality on Ducati even with it crappy suspension is way better than Triumph. Triumph was easier at low speed though

·
Registered
965 Posts
I don't think I'll be going to the same extremes as I did with Triumph. Comfort seat, license relocator and maybe FT bars.
Ride quality on Ducati even with it crappy suspension is way better than Triumph. Triumph was easier at low speed though
I loved my 675 Daytona I had the first year they came out, but I am really happy with my new Scrambler. I went back and forth between another Triumph or a Yamaha and this one so after reading your experience and after reading Cycle World's road test I felt I made a good decision. I love my Scrambler.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I sold my worked Thruxton for the Scrambler with no regrets either :D

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Nice one. I like the bar end mirrors. What are they like?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also had a Triumph Scrambler. I really liked it. Ran out of room and sold it last year.
Picked up my Urban Enduro yesterday. The Urban is light and peppy.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts