Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Camera accessory

Light Camera accessory Automotive tire Camera lens Audio equipment

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Hi guys,
Couple weeks ago I’ve done a service after 7500 miles on my desert sled. And just yesterday I noticed that I can’t see a level of a front break fluid. Isn’t that gauge what it should be there for? Also the sides of the reservoir are a little greasy. I’ve attached the pictures. Is that normal? Brake works well at the moment, no problem at all, just squeeks a bit, front pad is 3mm thick, so that is still fine, just that reservoir concerns me a bit, I don’t want to find my self with no working front break on the road, also reservoir for the clutch fluid is a bit greasy, see the pictures.
Thank you all!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The fluid is full to above the sight glass. If you want to check simply remove the two Phillips screws and lift the lid carefully. Don’t damage the bladder underneath the lid. Also wrap some rag around the base of the reservoir so no fluid gets spilt. It will destroy any paint it falls on.
The greasy surface is just very poor workmanship on the part of whoever did the service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fluid is full to above the sight glass. If you want to check simply remove the two Phillips screws and lift the lid carefully. Don’t damage the bladder underneath the lid. Also wrap some rag around the base of the reservoir so no fluid gets spilt. It will destroy any paint it falls on.
The greasy surface is just very poor workmanship on the part of whoever did the service.
Thank you, so it has probably more of the fluid than desired. Nothing wrong with that though? It’s not dangerous or anything right? Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts