Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from BrakeTech and EBC are there any other good options that don't cost $350 USD?

I'm not racing, just want a better front rotor compared to the stock Brembo that comes with the bike. I've already replaced the brake pads to EBC HH.

Not planning to change the master cylinder.

Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd like to know this also. My rotor already needs to be changed and if the dealer wants to charge me for it as a wear part then I'd prefer to replace it with something that won't get all vibration-y after a few hundred miles again.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the rotor sucks. I've cleaned buttons, sanded it down after replacing pads...it just doesn't feel the way I'd like...and I'm not paying $250 for the same rotor...

·
Registered
63 Posts
You do not need a different rotor but different pads. I've changed our Icon's and Sled's pads to TRW Lucas MCB 856 SRT and both are braking great now.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
OP already has EBC HH pads, and these are really good. So that can't be it...

When was the last time they were bled? Brake lever properly lubed? Caliper pistons clean?

Serious, with these pads you should have proper brakes...

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OP already has EBC HH pads, and these are really good. So that can't be it...

When was the last time they were bled? Brake lever properly lubed? Caliper pistons clean?

Serious, with these pads you should have proper brakes...
Oh I've done all that, and the brakes are strong. I suspect I have a warped rotor from previous owner because I still get low speed pulsing.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Ohh like that. Sorry man, that sucks.

My Sled started to develop the same at 3000 miles (I'm anal about warped rotors). I changed to pads to EBC HH and it went away. I have the feeling the stock pads ruin rotors, do a search on this forum. You're not the only one...

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohh like that. Sorry man, that sucks.

My Sled started to develop the same at 3000 miles (I'm anal about warped rotors). I changed to pads to EBC HH and it went away. I have the feeling the stock pads ruin rotors, do a search on this forum. You're not the only one...
Yeah, I've read about it, and I thought that fine sanding the rotor would fix it...I can live with it but it's not overly pleasant when I'm crawling to a stop and feel pulsing.

Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thoughts on waiting and picking up a new Brembo stock rotor cheap when one of our members or future members dumps it for a better one?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thoughts on waiting and picking up a new Brembo stock rotor cheap when one of our members or future members dumps it for a better one?
I'd sooner buy new pads and hope that it resolved this issue as Max Kool said.

·
Registered
209 Posts
OP already had EBC HH pads. xPepi how long have you had them on?
Right, to expand, I would be more inclined to replace the brake pads to see if it resolved first, and then if that didn't work get any rotor other than the stock one.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OP already had EBC HH pads. xPepi how long have you had them on?
Not even 400 km, barely rode yet this season. Also, after I sanded down the rotors, which I didn't do initially, I also sanded down the front pads...rear I left alone...never felt an issue on the rear. I've bled the front line twice, just to be sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts